“AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Hotel Los Girasoles II
Ranked #111 of 124 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Located in Granada down town is a must, but, that's all! All the clerks or were unaware of what conditions are being offered trough the internet, like Booking, or unaware of conditions within rooms, like damaged and cleanliness furniture and beds, well, room overall cleanliness! More, how a kitchenette room doesn't have plates, cutlery and cookware? The Booking.com photos doesn't show the truth! There is an absent quality for what your eyes buy trough the internet and what you check as soon U arrive at the Hotel! LIARS! We booked 2 rooms, so 2 separate bills but they decide by themselves to charge, one day before our departure, all Hotel expenses in one card only.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank amcalexandre

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Location is good since it's close to the center and in walking distance from many monuments!! But that's all folks! After that is the nightmare....

From the rooms you can hear everything from outside but also from inside (other rooms). Cleaning is not done properly and the furniture is in very bad shape.
Although I was not expecting to make use of the kitchen it was rubbish.... not working and really dirty.
Don't count to take your closes out from your suitcases. You do not have a single drawer, not even 1, to put closes - wardrobes are just for adornment - empty space.

At the reception they don't care so much about you. Always in Facebook and don't look at you when for example you say - Good Morning.

To finalize, let me inform you that this Hotel is really difficult to find, and to park the car is almost impossible, not to mention to park it. You have to spend around 20€ per day to put the car in a private parking space.

Room Tip: I must say the only good pick I have to share with you, is to avoid this hotel! It's not expen...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JMA1971
Reviewed 25 October 2011

First things first - Los Girasoles II and Los Girasoles Apartments are in the same building. They are selling them as different properties which adds to the confusion.
The photographs are actually misleading because its only the only th lower floors that have been renovated. A considerable part of the property is apartments or rooms which date back to the 80's. The front desk was helpful and gave us choices to pick the room but they were all equally dark, stuffy and had really dated furnishings. We did pick one apartment and stayed there one night. Not sure if its an added perk if you get an apartment instead of a room that you originally booked.
Its a cheap place and well located and was okay for us as we were there for only 1 night. If it was a longer stay - we would have definitely moved.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TubbyTraveller
Reviewed 17 January 2011

the room window was looking to the street where people were screaming and talking loud all night; one could here all neighbors walking and talking all night long too-so basically no sleep at all as the hotel is close to a night bar where everyone gets together and discuss/scream/drink/smoke till early morning; then in the morning the bathroom was full with ants, location is close to center, but walking in not so nice streets.....
you dont want a place like this....even for one night....

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janaaroundtheworld
Reviewed 11 July 2009

This hotel was centrally located just 20 metres off Grand Via but very difficult to find. Although there were signs, they were not on Grand Via and the written instructions were vague. It is amid the graffiti-covered rollers doors but I still felt quite safe walking around the area. As a single, I had the use of a double room, which was attractive, comfortable and had a/c. The bathroom was functional and clean although the shower cubicle was very small and I almost got hit on the head a couple of times by the shower head falling down. It was also 2 days before I was given a bath mat and hand towel in addition to the bath towels. I booked through Lat Minute and the hotel cost me £33.35 per night excluding breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2008

We checked in the hotel at almost 3:00am. only one thing we would like to do was shower and a bed to sleep, when we got in the room, actually is an apartment, it has a kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. we have a bedroom each person. The best thing is the kitchenette so we can just cook our food in the apartment, and fill in the refrigerator during our stay. Location is fine not near the alhambra but 10 mins walk to catheral and the center. But one thing to complaint is the construction work. it wake you up a 9:00 am. We book the room though the internet and was just 40 euro per night and we found a lot of hostel cost more money even without bathroom, but knowing that the room rate 40 euro, I think we get more than we have paid. other than the constuction work, we are satisfy with the hotel

Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natmak
Reviewed 29 April 2008

This hotel was horrible. We had to step over urine to get onto the top outside step. No one thought to clean this up. When we entered the reception, there was a stale smell of urine and cigarettes. There was hair on the floor, even though it had just been mopped. From the smell, I didn't want to stay but thought the room might be better. The room was huge - like a small flat -but dark and dirty. I was amazed that the furniture looked at least ten years old, dark, stained, matted down and faded. The whole place stank. The bed cover had stains on it as well so I refused to let my son sit on anything. I am not normally a very tidy person myself and no one could accuse me of being a neat freak; but I was literally insulted at the state of this hotel and how different it was from the photos we had seen on the internet.

I left the room unsure if I would be able to find anything on such short notice. Well, literally a few doors down on an adjacent street, we found a lovley little hotel with excellent staff. I asked to see the room first and it was spotless and the same price! I went back to Hotel Girasoles II and was told that I still had to pay. I explained that the place was dirty and smelled and that with asthma (which I had informed them about previously) there was no way that I could stay in their hotel, least of all with my young son. They said that they would just take it off the credit card if I refused to pay, which they did. It was only £44 but it was the principle that got me. You shouldn't be able to sell people on something and take advantage of them. They are not offering what they appear to offer. I have reported them to the relevant authorities and am awaiting a reply. The hotel itself has already answered saying that the place was clean and that they still have a right to my money.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family