“Good but hard to find”

Ranked #114 of 125 Hotels in Granada
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Good but hard to find”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

This hotel was centrally located just 20 metres off Grand Via but very difficult to find. Although there were signs, they were not on Grand Via and the written instructions were vague. It is amid the graffiti-covered rollers doors but I still felt quite safe walking around the area. As a single, I had the use of a double room, which was attractive, comfortable and had a/c. The bathroom was functional and clean although the shower cubicle was very small and I almost got hit on the head a couple of times by the shower head falling down. It was also 2 days before I was given a bath mat and hand towel in addition to the bath towels. I booked through Lat Minute and the hotel cost me £33.35 per night excluding breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2008

We checked in the hotel at almost 3:00am. only one thing we would like to do was shower and a bed to sleep, when we got in the room, actually is an apartment, it has a kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. we have a bedroom each person. The best thing is the kitchenette so we can just cook our food in the apartment, and fill in the refrigerator during our stay. Location is fine not near the alhambra but 10 mins walk to catheral and the center. But one thing to complaint is the construction work. it wake you up a 9:00 am. We book the room though the internet and was just 40 euro per night and we found a lot of hostel cost more money even without bathroom, but knowing that the room rate 40 euro, I think we get more than we have paid. other than the constuction work, we are satisfy with the hotel

• Liked — In room facilities
Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Natmak
Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2008

This hotel was horrible. We had to step over urine to get onto the top outside step. No one thought to clean this up. When we entered the reception, there was a stale smell of urine and cigarettes. There was hair on the floor, even though it had just been mopped. From the smell, I didn't want to stay but thought the room might be better. The room was huge - like a small flat -but dark and dirty. I was amazed that the furniture looked at least ten years old, dark, stained, matted down and faded. The whole place stank. The bed cover had stains on it as well so I refused to let my son sit on anything. I am not normally a very tidy person myself and no one could accuse me of being a neat freak; but I was literally insulted at the state of this hotel and how different it was from the photos we had seen on the internet.

I left the room unsure if I would be able to find anything on such short notice. Well, literally a few doors down on an adjacent street, we found a lovley little hotel with excellent staff. I asked to see the room first and it was spotless and the same price! I went back to Hotel Girasoles II and was told that I still had to pay. I explained that the place was dirty and smelled and that with asthma (which I had informed them about previously) there was no way that I could stay in their hotel, least of all with my young son. They said that they would just take it off the credit card if I refused to pay, which they did. It was only £44 but it was the principle that got me. You shouldn't be able to sell people on something and take advantage of them. They are not offering what they appear to offer. I have reported them to the relevant authorities and am awaiting a reply. The hotel itself has already answered saying that the place was clean and that they still have a right to my money.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty, Smelled, Old dusty furniture, Poor lighting
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank HampshirePrincess

Travellers are raving about these Granada hotels

Oslo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2007

We stayed only one night at the hotel. The nice thing about it is that the rooms are huge, more like small apartments. The bad things are it is really difficult to find and there is only parking on the street which is really hard to find. And the rooms where not so clean either. And it is not near to Alhambra as advertised.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2007

Apartment style hotel with dated furnishings that are overdue for replacement. Book into this hotel only if you need a reasonably priced place to sleep.

• Liked — had bedroom plus living room
  • Disliked — furniture was sparse and clearly in need of replacement
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mkuk
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2006

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in June 2006. We booked it online through Travelocity and received the AMAZING rate of 42 bucks per night. The others that we found, while they seemed to be located very close to the Alhambra were running at least 90 bucks a night so we thought we'd just settle. Turns out, the place was more than adequate. Los Girasoles II seemed to be a failed attempt at an apartment/condo building so the hotel rooms were laid out (complete with a kitchen!!!) just like a small/medium 1 bedroom apt. The bathroom was roomy with a full-size bathtub. The bedroom itself was one of the roomiest we experienced during our European trip. There was a large tv in the living room area which had what looked to be a pull-out couch (don't quote me on this though). Relatively clean, though the room was not so freshly painted, but it had a modern appeal, which is perfect for us late 20-early 30 somethings looking for a bit of style in our hotel rooms. The central lobby is pretty cool, and the windows of each room open up onto a circular interior. The outdoor windows are currently looking directly into a building that is under construction. We were woken up each morning around 8-8:30 am by construction noises but we are not docking the rating of this hotel because of this. Europe seems to be booming and that's fine with us. If you are sleeping in past this time, then why are you touring around? Great central location next to some fun shops, bars, major bus routes, etc.

• Stayed June 2006