My husband and I stayed at this lovely budget hotel on August 4th for one night. It is in the most romantic part of Granada steps away from the River Darro in the Albayzin neighborhood and five minutes from the walk to the Alhambra. It is enchanting and picturesque with church bells ringing and guitarists playing outside cafes. We walked through the cobblestone allies, narrow streets and small squares with impressive views of the fortress in the surrounding hillside. The hotel itself is a former palace although it is not decorated elaborately and it consists of two 16th century buildings remodeled into a hotel. We were on the top floor in room 35. Our room was very small but it was clean and had views of the Alhambra which were lovely and worth the extra price. We had Wifi, A/C and excellent water pressure. We also had no trouble finding the garage for parking (they emailed instructions). To park there overnight it cost 19 Euros (after getting 5 Euros back from the cab fare to the hotel). Going back to the lot we simply walked the 10 minutes with our suitcases on rollers. Very easy. The breakfast was enjoyable although nothing special. There is no chef taking orders! It was a self serve buffet in a nondescript room but it was included in our stay and offered great variety. We had first considered staying at the Parador In Alhambra that is world famous being a 15th century convent and one of only two places you can stay within the Alhambra but at $450 a night not including breakfast we preferred staying in a 16th century palace for $125 just steps from the Alhambra Gates! We loved Palacio de Santa Ines!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th-century Palacio De Santa Ines, in the Unesco World Heritage Albayzín district, is a 5 minute walk from Granada Cathedral. Crossing the small hall at the entrance, visitors will be fascinated by the courtyard beauty because of its fountain, columns, balustrades and in particular, of Renaissance frescos painted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palacio de Santa Ines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacio De Santa Ines Hotel Granada
- Palacio De Santa Ines Granada