Parador de Granada
Saray Hotel(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Pool
Abadia Hotel Granada(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$150
  • Bar/Lounge
Room Mate Leo(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$155
Hotel Dauro Granada(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$73
  • Room Service
US$197
US$194
  • Restaurant
Hotel Granada Center(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$91
US$137
US$119
  • Room Service
B&B Hotel Granada(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hotel Macia Real de la Alhambra(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$74
  • Pool
1,451 results
All reviewsgeneralife gardenssummer palacefranciscan monasterywithin the wallshalf boardqueen isabellaterrace restaurantalhambra complexterrace overlookingalhambra tourticket officenasrid palaceamazing locationcar parkhistoric buildingbreakfast and dinnerluxury hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I visited for one night. Arrived early & our room was ready early. We were not given instructions how to get there so left our car in the main carpark for the Alhambra (which we picked up later). The desk were very helpful (& found a physio to give my daughter who had had an injury a massage). The terrace had fantastic views & adequate lunch.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed one night to visit the Alhambra which is a must see in this area. It was very confusing to find even with a Navigator so if you are staying make sure you get good instructions. Car park provided once you get there. The gardens and buildings are beautifully maintained and restored. The rooms don't do the position and surroundings justice. They are a bit cookie cutter Spanish style and the cleaning in the bathrooms lacks attention to detail. Fixtures and fitting in bathrooms are great but when standing in the bath the fixed shower head was only at my chin height. I was a bit surprised at the price charged however this must be the best location you can find.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This beautiful hotel is located in the grounds of the Alhambra Palace and was once a monastery. Olde world charm combined with modern convenience. The terrace cafeteria is an idyllic spot, try their Sangria and a plate of croquettes. Well worth while booking breakfast which features an array of local specialties, particularly enjoyed the strawberry juice.

Room Tip: Make sure you book tickets for the Palacios Nazieres and the La Alhambra Generalife online before your stay to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The only reason to stay at the Parador in Granada is location, location, location. You go to Granada to visit the Alhambra and the Parador is within the Alhambra complex -- parts of it are even an old Franciscan monastery where Ferdinand and Isabella were first buried -- and the Parador is the only upscale hotel within the Alhambra.  It's hard to beat that. The Alhambra is at the top of a steep hill that overlooks the rest of Granada so by staying at the Parador you avoid the climb, whether by foot, bus or taxi, and you are right at the entrance when you want to start your visit. And the Parador itself has beautiful gardens that overlook the Generalife Gardens and the Albaicín section of Granada, where you go for the best views of the Alhambra itself. We arrived by car -- the Parador would have been difficult to find without GPS -- and were greeted by the staff in their free locked parking lot.  We were escorted through a lovely garden to the attractive reception area. Then we were led to our room. Imagine our surprise when we walked down a corridor of paired doors that looked just like a Marriott or Sheraton in Anywhere USA. And then we entered our room which, although very modern in a European way, was quite small, considering how much we paid (it's expensive). But we knew we were paying in part for the view so imagine our surprise when we opened the shutters to find the view was of a flat gravel roof, a modern brick wall and some trees.  I asked the front desk if any other rooms were available and got some vague comments about upgrading to a junior suite and blaming the room on our having booked on the Internet (I booked through the Palace Tours website, but the rate was not a bargain rate, and I imagine everyone reading this review will book on the Internet). So we were stuck with the viewless room. That might have been okay but it had no place to unpack -- no drawers and no shelves not otherwise occupied by the safe and the mini fridge -- so we had to live out of our suitcases for two days. And the bathroom had no place to unpack our toilet kits except for the bidet.  The room and the corridor reeked of a very strong scent, like someone had put plug-in air fresheners into every available outlet. On the plus side, the included breakfast was excellent, with fresh eggs cooked to order in addition to the usual buffet items. And the restaurant for lunch and dinner is pretty good, although no bargain. I'm unlikely ever to return to Granada -- it's amazing, but probably a once in a lifetime kind of place -- so it's hard to say if I would stay at the Parador again but, despite its many faults, I'm glad we stayed there as it made our Alhambra visit much more convenient and special than it would have been otherwise. I just wish the Spanish government, which owns all the Paradores, had put as much thought into building the newer wings of the Granada Parador as they have into conserving the historical buildings.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Okay, so the Alhambra itself was very cool to see and it was interesting to be staying in a place with so much history, but that's about all I have to say that's positive. I do no not recommend staying at the Parador if you are seeing the Alhambra. It was so hard to get to and the hotel does not provide proper directions if you are arriving by car. All they say on their website is to take the "Ring Road" around Granada. That's all well and good, but once you get to the actual Alhambra there's a lot more to it! My other complaint is that I didn't feel like it was really a "parador" experience. The interior of the building and the rooms were very modern and quite mediocre. Not the castle or monastery I was expecting. It was a 2-3 star experience for a 4-5 star pricetag... HUGE headaches and lots of stress included. The only positive thing was that the dinner was pretty good and the sommelier recommended a great wine. All-in-all, I am so frustrated that we wasted a whole 2 days of our vacation on the stress of getting in and out of this place. It would have been much nicer to stay in a hotel on the way into the city and take a taxi in to the Alhambra. Really, really, I do not understand why this place is getting such great ratings?!?!?!?!?

Room Tip: Just don't go! The beds were terrible!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple