Built into a recently renovated 18th-century Granada townhouse, this lovely boutique hotel seamlessly combines old world beauty and 21st-century efficiency with panache and charm. Most of the rooms face on to a beautiful fountain courtyard, which is the central feature of the hotel. Rooms are clean, opulent and well proportioned, if not enormous.
Service is absolutely outstanding: requests for drinks, hairdryers, mains adapters etc were satisfied within minutes and the reception team were very friendly and efficient. There is also a snack bar which is open for a few hours each day at no extra charge, on offer are pastries, juices, nespresso coffee, tea etc. I would also recommend the 11 Euro breakfast: freshly squeezed juices, delicious fruit and pastry buffet, obligatory jamon iberico and manchego, freshly cooked eggs and more: easily the best breakfast during the two weeks I spent in Spain.
Location is also excellent, situated on a quiet pedestrianised back-street, the hotel is ideally placed both for excursions to the Alhambra and for city centre convenience.
I would give this hotel top marks and wouldn't hesitate to book again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa 1800 Granada is a charming hotel located in a fully restored XVII century historical building, the building is known as Casa de los Migueletes and served as the headquarters of the militia at the time. The hotel is decorated with chandeliers, frescos, cupolas and luxurious furnishings, always in keeping with the noble wood of the building whilst highlighting the Classicist and Mudejar elements of the original house. The rooms are elegant and cozy, some enjoy views of the Alhambra, inner courtyards, coffered ceilings and offer all kinds of amenities. The House is organised around a central courtyard where each morning breakfast is served and in the afternoon tea is offered to the hotel guests, who are treated to a family atmosphere and making the stay special and unforgettable. The charming hotel has a privileged location in the centre of Granada between the magical Albaicin and at the foot of the Alhambra. Nearby there are museums, theatres, monuments, shops, restaurants and tapas bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Casa 1800 Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Migueletes Granada
- Room Mate Migueletes Hotel Granada