Stayed at this property over Christmas recently. Paid nearly 150 Euros a night for a 'Superior' room. In comparison to other hotels in Spain and Europe, found that for this rate, the hotel was not a great value but just 'OK".
A great staff - very helpful, always friendly, accommodating, and eager to help with questions.
The hotel location was excellent - right off Plaza Nueva even if a bit difficult to locate at first.
Quiet, being secluded from the din of town.
The look of the hotel is authentic 'Granadian' - Spanish-Moroccan, for a good sense to the area.
Rooms were finished with quality materials such as marble, old natural wood beams, tile, etc. There was a feel of quality to the surroundings.
Beds were very comfortable and large enough for my 6' 3" friend.
WiFi was spotty at best, dropping off repeatedly. It was definitely inadequate for sizable downloads.
The 'Superior' room my friend and I had was crowded, had only one chair, and the chifforobe was too small for two people. The room's only windows opened not to the outside but rather to the lobby/entrance of the hotel, making privacy a real issue.
There is a control for the heating/Air Conditioning unit but only the front desk has control over its operation. I was never able to get the temperature regulated properly and the room always felt stuffy.
Buffet breakfast was offered at 12 E and I found it to be adequate but not great.
The hotel is fairly new (as is its sister property in Seville) and has yet to work out the kinks.
The hotel has accommodation for only two rooms with twin beds and it's difficult to see how they can reconcile the difference (except for rates) between a standard room and a superior one. There was a mix up upon arrival whereupon we were sent to a queen bed room (the staff handled the change beautifully). That room and the twin room appeared identical except for the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa 1800 Granada is a charming hotel located in a fully restored XVII century historical building, the building is known as Casa de los Migueletes and served as the headquarters of the militia at the time. The hotel is decorated with chandeliers, frescos, cupolas and luxurious furnishings, always in keeping with the noble wood of the building whilst highlighting the Classicist and Mudejar elements of the original house. The rooms are elegant and cozy, some enjoy views of the Alhambra, inner courtyards, coffered ceilings and offer all kinds of amenities. The House is organised around a central courtyard where each morning breakfast is served and in the afternoon tea is offered to the hotel guests, who are treated to a family atmosphere and making the stay special and unforgettable. The charming hotel has a privileged location in the centre of Granada between the magical Albaicin and at the foot of the Alhambra. Nearby there are museums, theatres, monuments, shops, restaurants and tapas bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Casa 1800 Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Migueletes Granada
- Room Mate Migueletes Hotel Granada