Hidden behind a few blocks of classic residential buildings at the foot of Alhambra lies potentially one of the best hotel rooms in the world! The Grand Deluxe Suite. Before I talk about this absolute genuine treasure every avid traveller must experience at least once in their life, let me tell you about the hotel too.
The hotel is as far away from the dull, tasteless commercial five star hotels frequent business-travellers like me are sick off. Five star hotels 'tick' all the boxes if that is what you want, kettle, iron press, laundry service etc even if these are of substantard quality. Hotel Casa 1800 is a boutique hotel which delivers the highest quality in whatever they do do, with all the essential boxes checked for a lovely romantic break. As others have mentioned, the hotel staff are second to none; they love their job and you see that in their devotion. Most of all we would like to pay a special gratitude to the manager Frances who turned our holiday in to a once-in-a-life time experience. She is hard working, carries a genuine smile, and spends time to sit with residents during the (free) afternoon tea (fresh muffins, sandwiches and fruit) to give tourist advice but also introduce us to "cheerimoya" a succulent sweet pear-like fruit only found in the South of Spain. The hotel itself is structurally built like a 12th century wooden manor, with strong rustic hardwood beams and majectic staircases giving both an oppulent and historic feel. There is a wonderful courtyard where the afternoon tea is served.
Now on to the Grand Deluxe Suite. In all my travels, across four continents (Asia, America, Africa and Europe), never before have I come across a hotel room with such a "wow" factor. It's breathtaking, and I'm not even referring to its stunning views of Alhambra as you sit on its luxurious sofa. The suite is the size of a two bedroom flat and the height of two floors which affords it the luxury to have a four poster bed with posts reaching for the sky! As you gaze up you catch the grand chandelliers which illuminate the room with the sparkle it deserves. The ceiling is also ornatley decorated as one finds in the Alhambra. There is also a second bedroom/lounge which was perfect for our 5 year old daughter, as well as the best and only clean hotel-room jacuzzi I have come acroos (aided by its self-clean option). Again from the bathroom you can also enjoy stunning views of Alhambra and the stars as you sit for a late night jacuzzi bath. This suite in itself is an experience one must enjoy in their life time, and for that we are eternally grateful to Frances who recommended the upgrade after we found ourselves tight for space with our original standard room booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa 1800 Granada is a charming hotel located in a fully restored XVII century historical building, the building is known as Casa de los Migueletes and served as the headquarters of the militia at the time. The hotel is decorated with chandeliers, frescos, cupolas and luxurious furnishings, always in keeping with the noble wood of the building whilst highlighting the Classicist and Mudejar elements of the original house. The rooms are elegant and cozy, some enjoy views of the Alhambra, inner courtyards, coffered ceilings and offer all kinds of amenities. The House is organised around a central courtyard where each morning breakfast is served and in the afternoon tea is offered to the hotel guests, who are treated to a family atmosphere and making the stay special and unforgettable. The charming hotel has a privileged location in the centre of Granada between the magical Albaicin and at the foot of the Alhambra. Nearby there are museums, theatres, monuments, shops, restaurants and tapas bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Casa 1800 Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Migueletes Granada
- Room Mate Migueletes Hotel Granada