We chose this hotel based on its location in the old part of town and the positive reviews shown on Trip Advisor. We had good communication with the hotel prior to our visit and they arranged a taxi to meet us at the airport to take us to the hotel for a reasonable 30Eu. We had chosen a "superior room" which turned out to be on the first floor facing the riad style courtyard. The room was fine but be aware you will hear guests getting their breakfast if you have a room in this part of the hotel. Our first night in the room was fine but on the second night we were disturbed by a mysterious buzzing sound. We were at a loss as to what it could be and we weren't using the air conditioning. Eventually I went down to reception at 6:30 in the morning to complain. Maria was particularly helpful and apologised profusely for our disturbed night and immediately found us another room on the same floor. After breakfast we decided to see if there was an upgrade available to a deluxe room. There was so we decided to take this and our luggage was moved for us while we spent the morning in town. On check out we were given one complimentary night in this room without having to pay for the upgrade which was a nice gesture. There was only one other issue in that on one day our room wasn't serviced. Again very apologetic staff.
The room was very comfortable with a view of the Alhambra and a good sized bathroom with both bath and shower. The usual minibar and safe were in the wardrobe and bottled water was free.
As mentioned in other reviews we would have preferred to have the breakfast included in the price rather than a complimentary afternoon tea which I believe most people only used because it was there. However it did give you the opportunity to stock up on bottled water and canned drinks!
This is great hotel for exploring the old town of Granada. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms well appointed and comfortable. Just needs to sort out a few niggles and do bed and breakfast to it it superb!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa 1800 Granada is a charming hotel located in a fully restored XVII century historical building, the building is known as Casa de los Migueletes and served as the headquarters of the militia at the time. The hotel is decorated with chandeliers, frescos, cupolas and luxurious furnishings, always in keeping with the noble wood of the building whilst highlighting the Classicist and Mudejar elements of the original house. The rooms are elegant and cozy, some enjoy views of the Alhambra, inner courtyards, coffered ceilings and offer all kinds of amenities. The House is organised around a central courtyard where each morning breakfast is served and in the afternoon tea is offered to the hotel guests, who are treated to a family atmosphere and making the stay special and unforgettable. The charming hotel has a privileged location in the centre of Granada between the magical Albaicin and at the foot of the Alhambra. Nearby there are museums, theatres, monuments, shops, restaurants and tapas bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Casa 1800 Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Migueletes Granada
- Room Mate Migueletes Hotel Granada