“Loved it!”

Hotel Casa 1800 Granada
Ranked #5 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, excellent customer service! What's not to like about this place. This was much better than the other hotel I stayed in in Granada. Loved it. The breakfast was quite the spread and I loved the espresso machine. The only negative was the flamenco show they booked me in within the caves. If you enjoy being in a tight place with the most uncomfortable chair for 60 euro. Tourist trap! Stay away.

Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Was so wanting the short stay to be brilliant and it fell just a short way from that in reality. The location is great for accessing what you need in Granada and the building is a wonderful old thing that is kept very clean.
We settled for a junior suite as the main suite was already booked and at 190€ per night it was a bit on the expensive side for what it was - no restaurant, no bar...
The bed was quite uncomfortable.
The room we had was clean and tidy and the bathroom was great with a Jacuzzi bath, the heating system worked brilliantly which was needed as it was very cold in Granada in December! The room was only about the size of a large standard room in many hotels and the TV did not function properly (loose wires or something as it kept coming on and going off)
The final niggle just before we left was that we just wanted a quick coffee before we set off on the rest of our journey, we didn't want any breakfast, simply a Nespresso coffee that costs 39c per capsule - they charged us 3.50€ per coffee having just settled up a 400€ bill for 2 nights, a bit tight!
We had a good weekend away and the hotel, although not up to what we expected did not detract from the Granada experience.

2  Thank paulinspain
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had chosen the Casa as we had stayed in the Casa in Seville and loved it. We were not disappointed!! The location is perfect, right at the foot of the Alhambra!! As said in previous reviews you cannot bring the car close to the hotel, but the instructions given by the hotel are clear and easy to follow. Parking in a car park on the edge of the city and getting a taxi to the hotel. The afternoon tea arrangement is really special, after a day of sightseeing to be able to come back to an afternoon tea is very welcoming. The staff were exceptional, very helpful. In fact they made an effort to ring a restaurant in advance for me as I have a food allergy, and they checked this all out on my behalf. The room was very comfortable, a little dark, but that's because of the position, it didn't spoil our stay.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Jayne G
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We are very satisfied with our stay at Casa1800. It is truly beautiful and the staff were so welcoming, friendly and helpful. A special thanks to Anna for her welcome, she was very helpful and very kind. I cannot think of a better place to stay in lovely Granada. Casa1800 is as the Riads in Marrakech so we really felt that we were at home. It's very similar from where we are. The idea of the tea time is very good abd appreciated as well as free water. it's well situated in the center of Granade everything is closed, so you can walk easily to all the most important places of the city.
Thank you all we really recommend this hotel and will definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I love this place. We spent 2 nights here and I would go back in a heartbeat. It is a sweet boutique hotel. We dropped our car off at a car Park, took a short taxi, then schlepped our luggage along the cobble stoned alley. But, then, you walk into this lovely appointed hotel; beautiful courtyard, wonderful rooms, comfortable beds. The staff was very, very pleasant. Carmella was particularly helpful in suggestions for dinner and finding our way about the Old Town. We took a cab to Alhambra (all up hill) and had a short walk back from Alhambra to the hotel. Plaza Nueva is just around the corner with many Tapas, restaurants and shops. I loved the way the windows opened to the small courtyard. Afternoon tea was very nice and pleasant. Free water was a good thing. There is only one lift and some of the rooms require carrying luggage upstairs, but not to worry, the staff is there to help.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Beautiful boutique hotel in the Albaicin. Loved the location, the tranquility, the service and the afternoon tea. After being nickel and dimed at other first-class hotels, it was wonderful to have access to free water bottles! The staff was very warm and welcoming and helped us with our every request. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Larchana
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We spent three nights here with my parents in law. The location is excellent, allowing you to walk out the door and into the historic downtown. Yet its actual location on a side-street makes it quiet and still. As you have noticed in the other reviews.....you can't drive to the door of the hotel. Don't worry. Its a good thing.

My wife and I got a standard room for ourselves and reserved the Suite Grand Deluxe for my parents in law. (Yes, we are generous.) I have to say that their room was REALLY impressive. If you have the means to rent it, you won't regret it. It is palatial and well appointed.

My wife and I, on the other hand, had to change rooms. The standard room we were given was REALLY small..... I know I am a spoiled American, but there was barely enough room to step around the bed. We upgraded to a superior, and while still cozy, we were much happier. (I don't want to imply that the standard room was anything other than what was advertised. It was well appointed and clean. We just weren't ready for how small it was. Caveat Emptor.)

The service was excellent. All the staff had smiles on their faces, and really wanted to be helpful. The complimentary afternoon tea service was great.....drinks and pastry's in the very appealing central patio. Although its easy to assume that you will get a better deal elsewhere on breakfast, you won't. Just eat the buffet at the hotel. It is reasonably priced with excellent quality and variety.

So I waver a bit between 4 and 5 stars. Will stick with 4 simply because the non-suites seem to be relatively small to me for the price. I highly recommend this hotel though. Enchanting.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family