We stayed for 6 nights during April in this lovely peaceful hotel in the Albayzin area of Granada. It is located on a narrow cobbled street just off St Ana plaza. Cool and quiet with a delightful courtyard where you take breakfast and (free) afternoon tea. Good choice of breakfast items and good tea provided in the rooms.
We stayed at first in room 23, very spacious with a small settee and coffee table. But wanting a view of the Alhambra we moved into room 26 which has a small patio with chairs and table and has a direct view of the palace. Lovely, but with a caveat. The balcony is above someone else's back courtyard where rubbish is kept and as the day warmed up we could smell the rubbish below. This wasn't a problem in the evening though. Bathrooms in both rooms were lovely.
The staff were friendly and really helpful in making bookings and advising on transport and attractions. The hotel is within walking distance of the main Granada sites, and there's a good range of restaurants and bars in the local area.
Food generally isn't brilliant in Granada but we liked La Cueva, Los Diamantes, La Cueva d' Ali Baba (along the river on the right hand side) and Ziryab. Highly recommend flamenco at Casa del Arte, but not at the tourist places in Sacromonte.
Great city. Lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa 1800 Granada is a charming hotel located in a fully restored XVII century historical building, the building is known as Casa de los Migueletes and served as the headquarters of the militia at the time. The hotel is decorated with chandeliers, frescos, cupolas and luxurious furnishings, always in keeping with the noble wood of the building whilst highlighting the Classicist and Mudejar elements of the original house. The rooms are elegant and cozy, some enjoy views of the Alhambra, inner courtyards, coffered ceilings and offer all kinds of amenities. The House is organised around a central courtyard where each morning breakfast is served and in the afternoon tea is offered to the hotel guests, who are treated to a family atmosphere and making the stay special and unforgettable. The charming hotel has a privileged location in the centre of Granada between the magical Albaicin and at the foot of the Alhambra. Nearby there are museums, theatres, monuments, shops, restaurants and tapas bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Casa 1800 Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Migueletes Granada
- Room Mate Migueletes Hotel Granada