Great location; central - just a couple of minutes walk from Plaza Nueva, yet set in a back street, so it's very quiet and private. The entrance and courtyard are lovely. After spending time outside sightseeing, it was a relief to return to the hotel for a breather and their complimentary afternoon tea.
We had a junior suite, which wasn't at all on the large side for two people, so imagine the standard rooms may be very small. Our room had a small outside terrace, so we had a little natural light, but not very much. In fact, if we were in the room, we had to have the lights on even during the day. The hotel might want to consider better interior lighting at some point in the future, as the darkness comment comes up a lot in the reviews. Some of the finishings looked slightly tired. Wifi in the room was very patchy, but fine in the courtyard.
Re: breakfast, the hotel charges a flat rate for breakfast. Should consider a different charge if one is only having a drink (e.g., just coffee).
Reception staff were very helpful and friendly and had some excellent suggestions on places to eat, as well as for entertainment. If we were to return to Granada, we would probably do extra research and look at alternatives, but would be happy to stay here again, if nothing else came up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa 1800 Granada is a charming hotel located in a fully restored XVII century historical building, the building is known as Casa de los Migueletes and served as the headquarters of the militia at the time. The hotel is decorated with chandeliers, frescos, cupolas and luxurious furnishings, always in keeping with the noble wood of the building whilst highlighting the Classicist and Mudejar elements of the original house. The rooms are elegant and cozy, some enjoy views of the Alhambra, inner courtyards, coffered ceilings and offer all kinds of amenities. The House is organised around a central courtyard where each morning breakfast is served and in the afternoon tea is offered to the hotel guests, who are treated to a family atmosphere and making the stay special and unforgettable. The charming hotel has a privileged location in the centre of Granada between the magical Albaicin and at the foot of the Alhambra. Nearby there are museums, theatres, monuments, shops, restaurants and tapas bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Casa 1800 Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Migueletes Granada
- Room Mate Migueletes Hotel Granada