“100% recommend”

Granada Inn Backpackers
Malaga, Spain
“100% recommend”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This Hostel is very new so it is modern and clean. The staff were great and interacted well with the guests. Location is fantastic. Lots of activities etc planned if you want to partake. no negative comments.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this hostel so much, and really enjoyed our stay! It's in a great location, only minutes walk from the main streets and about 25 from the Alhambra. The hostel was incredibly clean and tidy, and the kitchen facilities were excellent, some of the best we've seen! The beds were comfy and the staff friendly and helpful! There was just one thing, if you want to book last minute train tickets the situation was not ideal as the wifi was very slow and there was only one computer for the entire hostel which is a pretty big place! (Sounds trivial but when you've been waiting all day to book these finite tickets it can be nerve wracking!) overall though had a wonderful stay and would 100% come back!

Stayed July 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

For a hostel this place was pretty nice. We booked a private double room but instead got upgraded to an apartment with a double bunk bed and lounge with top bunk which was awesome! It was super clean and the location quite central. The breakfast was minimal but you don't normally expect much for an included breakfast. The air con was great and wifi worked perfectly in the room. One of our lights blew and the staff were quick to come and fix this for us. Use of the washing machine was also quite cheap and they provide washing detergent and fabric softener free of charge which was an added bonus. Overall we had a great time at Granada Inn and would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night in a dorm room. The dorms are great because they beds are separated from each other by walls, so you don't have 12 people in the same room. The facilities were all very modern and clean. However the kitchen was quite small which made it difficult for more than 2 people to cook at one time. Also the fridge was full of old food and smelled bad! The interior courtyard was great, but they could definitely improve it by adding some more plants and comfy seating. Also enjoyed the 10 euro all you can drink sangria!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Granada Inn has got to be one of the most esthetically pleasing hostels I've stayed in. I stayed in a 6 person shared apartment that is separated by a door, so I pretty much had one room all to myself the entire time I was there, which was really nice.

Kitchen was small, but nice and clean. Patio area was nice as well. They have laundry for 6.5 euros which was convenient. Free walking tour in the morning that I enjoyed.

Things I didn't like:
-staff was nice, but there were a couple of moments where they could have been a little more pleasant.

-the internet was TERRIBLE. And they only have 1 computer in the computer room for everyone in the entire hostel to share which is kind of crazy.

-paella and bottomless sangria night was 5 euros and u sign up ahead of time. I guess since the sangria is bottomless it's worth it, but I was actually hungry and 1 scoop of paella wasn't going to do it for me. A few others felt the same way as well. When I went to put my dish in the sink I also noticed that there were 2 pans of paella left that I'm assuming was for the staff, but a lot of us were still hungry. Just seemed kind of shady. Charge more so u can make more to properly feed everyone maybe?

I had a kebab at kebab king later that night. I recommend kebab king:)

Met a couple cool people, but being traveling alone I wouldn't stay there again. I would consider it if I were traveling with a friend and if they fix their internet.

• Stayed May 2014
Norrkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Clean, modern and perfectly located. 30 min walking distance to the Alhambra etc. Stayed in a dorm of 12 beds but in three different rooms, like an apartment. The bathroom was clean and overall great. Unfortunately there ere no toilets in the corridors and we discovered only one next to the guest kitchen on our last day, so a lot of waiting to take a shower or use the toilet especially in the evening. Toast and nutella/jam for breakfast. Not my favorite but appreciated he time (7-11).

Very friendly staff but they didn't really include the guests into the activities of the hostel.. pub crawl etc. Could have been better. Also, no individual reading lights in the room, which made in hard not to wake people when entering the room late. The reason this hostel wont get a five star rating is because of it being extremely noisy at night/morning. The windows faced the common area and street, closing them didn't help much. You could here everything happening outside. Weird, really, really annoying.

Great free city tour, recommended if you don't need much sleep, hehe.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Since I live in Spain I can't call myself a true, hardcore backpacker, but this hostel couldn't be more perfect for the traveling student. I enjoyed my weekend their so much in January that I returned this past weekend. The location is wonderfully central, right between the Albaicin and the popular pub-lined street. And the hostel itself is wonderful. I'll start with the rooms because they're the most practical part of choosing a hostel.

Each room has big lockers, decently comfy mattresses (Spain actually has the most uncomfortable beds in the world, so theirs are above Spanish quality), and plenty of outlets. Their bathrooms are not dorm-style (one toilet and one shower in each) and they're a little sparse (max 12-15 people sharing one), but it never posed too much of an inconvenience for me.

The kitchen and common areas make this hostel really enjoyable to stay at. The kitchen is big, equipped with all the cooking appliances and basic pantry items you need (great for people like me who like to cook their own meals). Free tea and coffee all day, TWO refrigerators, and they have a left-over "free food".

As for the common areas, they do have a lounge room with a TV. And of course, the patio is what makes this hostel special. Even in January I loved hanging out on the patio. It really is beautiful, and there are always people sitting out ready to socialize.

Speaking of socializing, the hostel has so many tours and events organized, you don't have to plan your own trip at all. They're some kind of tours every 2 or 3 hours, both intercity tours and excursions. I've been on two and it was a great way to meet some of the other guests at Granada Inn and other hostels. At night, they have family dinners during the week, and suupppeerrr cheap pub crawls. On Saturday my group and I paid for the all-you-can-eat sangria and hit the town with other guests and a handful of the hostel workers and had a blast (for only 10 euros).

Because really, the staff is what makes every stay so enjoyable. They do their best to remember your name, are willing to recommend, help out in any way, and make you feel safe, comfortable, and welcome. Clair, Danielle, and Adam in particular were so friendly and helpful at the hostel, and were a lot of fun at the pubcrawl. The staff goes above and beyond for you during your stay. On Sunday my friends and I ran a color run, but had checked out of the hostel that morning. Even though we had checked out, the staff let us shower and hang out at the hostel well into the afternoon while we waited for our ride home. They were even understanding when we got colored chalk all over the patio and bathroom. I've stayed at hostels where the staff would have reacted unpleasantly to the situation, or wouldn't have allowed such a thing at all, so I'm very grateful to them for being so wonderful to us.

Overall the hostel is clean, organized, and pleasant. The staff is beyond great. If you get a chance to see Granada (which I highly recommend, as the city is amazing), I suggest you stay with Granada Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends