“There is no reason not to do it”
Review of Free Tour Granada - CLOSED

Free Tour Granada
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There is no reason not to do it”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I did both tours, the general city tour at 11am and the other focused on Sacramonte and the caves. Both of my guides were funny and critical persons which showed their city to the attending group in an easy-going way. You really get another perspective on Granada than just wandering alone through the places UNESCO and the tourist office have prepared for visitors like you ;-). With its tip-based approach it's simply a must-do.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank raunzeit

Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tip extra - it's worth it!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We did the free walking tour with www.freetoursgranada.com (the one that meets by the fountain in Plaza Nueva each day). I have been backpacking for several months now and this was by far the best tour I have been on. The tour guide was a British guy who was absolutely fantastic, full of knowledge and wit and absolutely loves the city. My friends and I were hooked, he was definitely one of those guides where you get upset when you take too long taking photos and miss the information he is passing on. I highly recommend this to any traveller on a budget or anyone looking to discover granada. Enjoy!

Visited July 2014
5 Thank Claire P
Melbourne, Australia
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great tour of the caves with a knowledgable guide”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I went on this tour after reading the reviews on here and am glad I did. I had an English born guide who loves and lives in Granada and this shone through on his informative and funny tour of the gypsy caves and their history.

1 Thank xvictoriax
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent concept, professional tour”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We happened on the tour guides with their umbrellas on our first afternoon in Granada and were able to join the evening tour. Even though there were only 4 people Edita, our guide, was happy to take us on a 2 hour walking tour around Granada. Edita explained the complex history of the city quite easily and then matched that history to the various buildings as we moved around. Overall a great introduction to the city and we were able to build our own itinerary visiting the sites suggested and recommended by Edita.
My only suggestion is the guide explain how they depended on TIPS so everyone taking advantage of these tours left a decent gratuity for the time, effort and quality of service provided.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Patrick K
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An excellent tour”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We happened upon this free tour by chance and were really impressed. Although there were only two of us, the guide was happy to give us a guided tour of more than three hours. The principle is that you give what you think the tour was worth to you.
Our guide, Lydia, was a young student of architecture and she really knew what she was talking about - she pointed out plataresque portals and gothic spires. She also told us legends and anecdotes about the places we were seeing and proved to be an interesting and well-informed guide. Will look out for these tours in future. We did have a bit of a problem with the concept - give what you think the tour was worth. I need some sort of standard against which to measure it, can't just spontaneously say what I think it was worth.

Visited March 2014