We had never stayed in an IBIS budget hotel before and wanted to try it out to compare it to the Red (regular) Ibis hotel. The two hotels are usually close to each other, and in this case, the Red one could be seen before the Green (Ibis Budget), just about 50m away. I would opt for the budget instead of the Red, viewing as fairly similar in standard at a lower price.
The main differences between the Red and Green are
- bunk style beds for the third person, which I found more comfortable than the window side bed in the Red IBIS. The beds are very comfortable and the double bed is pretty large.
- flooring is either linoleum, or single colour carpet. Red has a veneer floor.
- toilet and shower are separate booths - I found this more useful than the single toilet-shower of the Red IBIS.
- outside sink
- smaller shower towels in the Green, larger ones in the Red.
- no floor mat in the Green (use a towel)
- No phone in the room (use your cell phone)
All have free wifi, comfortable and clean, secure (this one had a number pad instead of a card lock), simply finished, minimal restaurant, breakfast DIY.
Overall I would rate the budget comparable to the regular (Red) Ibis.
Service: Minimalistic but efficient, check in takes 5 min with a reservation. Knowledge fair, they try to be helpful but it is not a full concierge service.
Value: Great value, we paid only Euro30 per room night. No meals.
Sleep: Excellent, it is in a quiet area and beds are comfortable.
Cleanliness: Always clean.
Location: A bit far out of town (45 min bus ride into Alhambra) but it is a direct bus. What is better is that there is also a direct bus to the Autobus station. The bus stop is close fo Carrefour on a side road. We caught it the morning we were taking a bus to Marbella. Taxi fare is only Euro7 from Alhambra so if you are a group of 4, catch a taxi, almost the same price as the bus fare for 4 persons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ibis budget Granada (formerly Etap) is the best choice low cost hotel around and is just 5 minutes from the historic center of Granada and 12.4 miles (20 km) from the airport. 99 comfortable rooms with full bathroom, TV with national and internationalchannels, WIFI and covered car park. Start your day with our extensive buffet breakfast. Easy access to the Alhambra (15 mins) and the Sierra Nevada (40 mins). Next to the science museum, the conference center and the trade exhibition center. ... more less