“The SHOW is ok but not authentic. ”

Casa del Arte Flamenco
Ranked #2 of 23 Concerts & Shows in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: Casa del arte flamenco is a cultural space created for traditional flamenco performances; located in the old part of town in Granada, a few metres far from the lively and charming Plaza Nueva and near the rich Nazarite Palace and Fortress of the Alhambra.In Casa del Arte Flamenco you will be able to enjoy this art which began at the beginning of the XIX century in Andalusia, having its first performances in places known as “café cantantes”, which were the main temples of the flamenco singing and dancing.Casa del Arte Flamenco welcomes you and invites you to get to know and feel the flamenco through the best artists of this universal art which is “cultural heritage”.
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The dancers were amazing and impressive however, it is a performance and not a real, authentic flamenco. I listened to the Trip Advisor reviews and decided to buy a ticket on my way back from the Alhambra.

After traveling a bit around Spain and finding myself in local bars, experiencing a real and authentic local flamenco, Casa del Arte's performance is very staged (I wish I would've known sooner).

Ask them to show you the room and you'll see what I am talking about. Staged performance.

3  Thank SweetSaturn22
Sincopao, Director General at Casa del Arte Flamenco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear travellers

First of all we would like to say that we respect every opinion, favourable or unfavourable. The positive ones are gratifying and the negative ones make us improve our job.

This is the first time we reply an opinion, we are not trying to value the different opinions of our customers about our establishment or our services or wether the show liked or not.

We only want to make it quite clear we offer pure flamenco and top level artists, most of them very well-known and both the artists and the management of Casa del Arte Flamenco have the aim of showing this universal Art with honesty.

We do not cheat anyone.

Thanks to every traveller who come to our place and thanks to Tryp Advisor for giving us the chance to announce Flamenco.

Antonio Outeda.

"in advance"
in 14 reviews
in 37 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2014

stage show with no commercial frills like drinks or tapas. just one hour of the most superb flamenco I have ever seen. The dancer Jose Nunez was breathtaking, his companion Isabel Lopez dramatic, the singer Rosato Amador was heartbreakingly wonderful and the guitarist Jose El Morito made me cry with emotion. the best 18 Euro ever spent. I was exhausted and enthralled. Recommended - in case you didn't realise I liked it!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Excelente espectáculo en Granada.
A fantastic experience - the real thing, not just a show for tourists!
Book and pay online for the best discounts.
A perfect end to a day visiting the Alhambra.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was not what I expected. I liked the most the guitar and his music. The stage was too small, the clothes were poor (not fancy as flamenco clothes), the heels' sound was higher than the music and the lady dancer was too gloomy and serious, just smiled at the last dance only, may be this is flamenco I don't know, but I wouldn't go again, may be I would see others on youtube first then decide to go which one.

1  Thank NevinTorky