A short walk from the main town and a short walk from the rear (garden) entrance to The Alhambra makes this small hotel ideal for a one or two night stay to visit the Palace and Granada. Rooms are clean, but small - it's an ancient city for goodness sake !
We booked three rooms - The Alhambra with a great view of the gardens and palace, The Catedral (slightly smaller than the Alhambra but with good views) and The Gomerez (with no real view, and on a small street).
The Continental Breakfast is limited (bad value) and in the windowless basement, which kind of defeats the purpose of why your're visting this world heritage site. Better value and more authentic is to make a right out of the hotel and a less-than-five-minute walk brings you to a wonderful street-side cafe with great coffee, toasts, and yummy tomatoes, eggs and bacon. (Cash only - it's cheap).
Continue uphill and you will arrive at the garden entrance to The Alhambra (Grounds open at 8:30am) - Note, if you are using this entrance, it is VITAL to have PRINTED admission tickets ahead of time - you can buy them at a local bank, or the hotel can arrange.
Options for supper and lunches in town abound (left out of the hotel) - as is public parking - don't think of parking or navigating the streets by the hotel !
One or two nights- with an early start for The Alhambara and then a day in the City exploring gives a great feel - don't miss the Cathedral.
Also, when you're in town and see a grocery store - grab some water, beer, wine as there aren't many options around the hotel for that stuff. Also, ICE is something that is in short supply - plan accordingly.
THIS LOCATION IS OVERALL BETTER VALUE AND BETTER SITUATED THAN THE MORE EXPENSIVE HOTELS WITHIN THE ALHAMBRA GROUNDS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a building that dates from the 1800s, charming and small, this "typical" hotel of 14 rooms has been fully renovated for use as a hotel since 2004. While conserving the architecture from its past, the hotel is equipped with a modern and functional in keeping with todays standards. Magnificently situated on Cuesta de Gomerez, beside the Puerta de las Granadas from where you can access the Alhambra. The hotel is situated in the centre of the triangle formed by the Alhambra., Albayzin and the Cathedral.With maximum comfort, the hotel offers the travelers a stay right in the historical centre of Granada, a short walk from all the most emblematic monuments and most traditional as well as modern areas of the city. Everything you need to know about granada is a short step away, The Alhambra, Albayzin, the Cathedral, museums, restaurants, festivals, tapas....We invite you to enjoy the city and its while resting in our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Puerta de Las Granadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerta De Las Granadas Hotel Granada
- Puerta De Las Granadas Granada