I stayed in this hotel for two nights with a friend and if, like us, you were heading to Granada to visit the Alhambra then this hotel is in a perfect location as it is only a 10/15 minute walk up the hill the hotel is on. The walk is a bit steep but not that bad and very scenic, I would recommend walking if you are able to however, you can also take a bus up. It is also in the centre of the city and from the hotel you can walk everywhere, there are plenty of bars, restaurants and cafes within a minute walk of the hotel.
With regards to the hotel itself we were immediately impressed that when we checked in the receptionist gave us a large map and spent a considerable amount of time explaining to us the best places to go in Granada for tapas, for tea shops, for shopping and how to get around the city. She also recommended we went up to the mirador on the hill opposite the Alhambra for around 6pm to take in the view. We decided to follow this advice and were not disappointed by the incredible views of the whole city as it lit up, the Alhambra looming above it and the snow covered Sierra Nevada in the background. Had the receptionist not told us about this we wouldn't have seen it and we very much appreciated all her advice. Reception is also 24 hours and so there are no problems should you need to leave early in the morning like we did.
Our room in the hotel was on the second floor. The room was fairly small and basic but not uncomfortably so and plenty big enough for our two night stay. The room was very clean and my friend and I found the beds to be comfortable. The bathroom was also clean with a good shower although we found the door a bit strange as it opened both inwards and outwards and didn't actually shut properly! We also had a very small balcony that you could just about stand on, it seemed slightly pointless but it did let plenty of light in to the room! The room also had an aircon and heating unit.
Another nice touch about this hotel is that all day and night you can go down to the basement and get free coffee, tea, water and juice and either drink it there, take it to the pretty courtyard or take it to your room. They also tell you that you are welcome to bring food in and consume it in the courtyard. There are also two computers which are free to use and free wifi should you bring your own laptop. The hotel is also more than happy to print things for you should you require this service, also free of charge.
Overall we found this hotel perfect for a budget stay in Granada and visiting the Alhambra. It is clean, basic and well located but what makes it stand out is the very helpful nature of the staff and the additional extras free of charge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a building that dates from the 1800s, charming and small, this "typical" hotel of 14 rooms has been fully renovated for use as a hotel since 2004. While conserving the architecture from its past, the hotel is equipped with a modern and functional in keeping with todays standards. Magnificently situated on Cuesta de Gomerez, beside the Puerta de las Granadas from where you can access the Alhambra. The hotel is situated in the centre of the triangle formed by the Alhambra., Albayzin and the Cathedral.With maximum comfort, the hotel offers the travelers a stay right in the historical centre of Granada, a short walk from all the most emblematic monuments and most traditional as well as modern areas of the city. Everything you need to know about granada is a short step away, The Alhambra, Albayzin, the Cathedral, museums, restaurants, festivals, tapas....We invite you to enjoy the city and its while resting in our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mirai, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Puerta de Las Granadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerta De Las Granadas Hotel Granada
- Puerta De Las Granadas Granada