Kidding aside, this hotel is all about service service service. Katia was thorough when instructing us of the things we needed to do before arriving and visiting Alhambra, When we got here Manuel was a joy to talk to, informative, sincere, patient helpful and just a joy to converse with. helps that he is fluent in English, and knows a whole lot about the culture of Europe. Staff aside, you will not find a hotel closer to Alhambra than this one. Its right on the doorstep! Its also conveniently close to Albacin, where you can get Arabic and moroccan cuisine in an authentic setting. The room is nice and is good value.
A lot of guides say the albacin area is dangerous; from experience, its fine even at nightfall if you don't venture too far up into the nooks and crannies, staying close to the entrance, you'll hear great lively music and wonderful food with nice people. I had trouble more at the main street, where we were very close to being pickpocketed. so be aware.
Really enjoyed my time here, very highly recommend this estabishment! I would give a 6star for service if able.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a building that dates from the 1800s, charming and small, this "typical" hotel of 14 rooms has been fully renovated for use as a hotel since 2004. While conserving the architecture from its past, the hotel is equipped with a modern and functional in keeping with todays standards. Magnificently situated on Cuesta de Gomerez, beside the Puerta de las Granadas from where you can access the Alhambra. The hotel is situated in the centre of the triangle formed by the Alhambra., Albayzin and the Cathedral.With maximum comfort, the hotel offers the travelers a stay right in the historical centre of Granada, a short walk from all the most emblematic monuments and most traditional as well as modern areas of the city. Everything you need to know about granada is a short step away, The Alhambra, Albayzin, the Cathedral, museums, restaurants, festivals, tapas....We invite you to enjoy the city and its while resting in our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Puerta de Las Granadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerta De Las Granadas Hotel Granada
- Puerta De Las Granadas Granada