The only reason I haven't given this lovely place 5 stars is that I want to warn other travelers about one thing: The beds are very, very firm, so if you're old like me or arthritic like my traveling companion, be prepared to sleep on what feels like a slab. That said, we loved this place. Our third-floor room was on the street, and the first night we stayed a party was going on below us. While I didn't sleep well, I very much enjoyed hearing the young granadinos celebrating beneath my window. I felt like I was really in Spain, in the midst of an actual Spanish party, and I figured I could sleep when I got home.
The two people with whom we interacted at the front desk were terrific. I had read on TripAdvisor before we came that the beds were hard, so I had e-mailed months in advance asking if anything could be done. I was told that an extra blanket could be put beneath my friend's sheet so as to soften her bed a bit. After our first night at the hotel, I talked with the woman at the desk, explaining that we hadn't slept much because of the firm mattresses. She offered to put more blankets on both our beds, and the second night we both slept somewhat more comfortably. Both she and the gentleman who worked the desk gave us excellent directions to wherever we wanted to go. The hotel also secured our Alhambra tickets for us, and that turned out just fine too. Because of our physical needs, we probably wouldn't stay at this place again, but for anyone who doesn't mind sleeping on a hard surface, I'd recommend it wholeheartedly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a building that dates from the 1800s, charming and small, this "typical" hotel of 14 rooms has been fully renovated for use as a hotel since 2004. While conserving the architecture from its past, the hotel is equipped with a modern and functional in keeping with todays standards. Magnificently situated on Cuesta de Gomerez, beside the Puerta de las Granadas from where you can access the Alhambra. The hotel is situated in the centre of the triangle formed by the Alhambra., Albayzin and the Cathedral.With maximum comfort, the hotel offers the travelers a stay right in the historical centre of Granada, a short walk from all the most emblematic monuments and most traditional as well as modern areas of the city. Everything you need to know about granada is a short step away, The Alhambra, Albayzin, the Cathedral, museums, restaurants, festivals, tapas....We invite you to enjoy the city and its while resting in our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mirai, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Puerta de Las Granadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerta De Las Granadas Hotel Granada
- Puerta De Las Granadas Granada