The reception staff was great, gave recommendations and spoke English, pre arranged our Alhambra tickets was a great help. Gave us driving directions to the hotel, said not to use a GPS, right on. We were driving around old town in one way traffic and non turn signage close to the destination but not quite there...it is a nightmare, but lo and behold a friendly guy comes up to you on a Vespa and asks 'if you are looking for a hotel?' By then you are frazzled and oh so glad for this assistance. We follow him and bingo here is the hotel up a street that says you can't drive there, we had passed it about 4 times, we are tickled ask if we can give him some money and offer 5€ no he says 10€ and has change...so this is his job and what he and a posse of vespa drivers do all day. We check into the hotel, it is small, clean but again small, very minimum vanity items, small shower, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast seems to vary between 5€ and 8€, again sufficient. The best thing about this is the location and that is grand, walking up to the Alhambra early in the morning was a unforgettable hike. Oh one other thing you have to park your car away from the hotel and hike back, each day is a fee to park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a building that dates from the 1800s, charming and small, this "typical" hotel of 14 rooms has been fully renovated for use as a hotel since 2004. While conserving the architecture from its past, the hotel is equipped with a modern and functional in keeping with todays standards. Magnificently situated on Cuesta de Gomerez, beside the Puerta de las Granadas from where you can access the Alhambra. The hotel is situated in the centre of the triangle formed by the Alhambra., Albayzin and the Cathedral.With maximum comfort, the hotel offers the travelers a stay right in the historical centre of Granada, a short walk from all the most emblematic monuments and most traditional as well as modern areas of the city. Everything you need to know about granada is a short step away, The Alhambra, Albayzin, the Cathedral, museums, restaurants, festivals, tapas....We invite you to enjoy the city and its while resting in our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mirai, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Puerta de Las Granadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerta De Las Granadas Hotel Granada
- Puerta De Las Granadas Granada