This hotel is perfectly located on the road that leads to the Alhambra within walking distance of all of the main historic parts of this beautiful city. Even though Granada has a thriving after dark culture, the hotel is quiet and peaceful.
The hotel is small but doesn't feel poky - there is a lovely patio on the second floor. The facilities are more than adequate - the room was clean and bright with a small but perfectly serviceable bathroom. We didn't have breakfast but availed ourselves of the 24 hour free coffee facility (very good freshly made). We had one of the mid-price twin rooms with balcony facing the street. Every afternoon we returned for our siesta to find the black-out curtains pulled and the air conditioning on making the room deliciously cool.
But the best thing about Puerta de Las Granadas is the wonderful staff. From our first enquiry they couldn't have been more helpful - booking tickets for the Alhambra, recommending bars for the best tapas, organising a visit to a very special flamenco night and suggesting lovely places off the main tourist trail where we could sit and relax. They also left us a delicious bottle of wine one night during our stay.
We spent a relaxing, truly memorable week in Granada and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a building that dates from the 1800s, charming and small, this "typical" hotel of 14 rooms has been fully renovated for use as a hotel since 2004. While conserving the architecture from its past, the hotel is equipped with a modern and functional in keeping with todays standards. Magnificently situated on Cuesta de Gomerez, beside the Puerta de las Granadas from where you can access the Alhambra. The hotel is situated in the centre of the triangle formed by the Alhambra., Albayzin and the Cathedral.With maximum comfort, the hotel offers the travelers a stay right in the historical centre of Granada, a short walk from all the most emblematic monuments and most traditional as well as modern areas of the city. Everything you need to know about granada is a short step away, The Alhambra, Albayzin, the Cathedral, museums, restaurants, festivals, tapas....We invite you to enjoy the city and its while resting in our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and Priceline so you can book your Puerta de Las Granadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerta De Las Granadas Hotel Granada
- Puerta De Las Granadas Granada