“Good location but noisy”
Review of Hostal Antares

Hostal Antares
Ranked #35 of 93 Granada B&B and Inns
Jamestown, Kentucky
“Good location but noisy”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Hostal Antares is a students residence well located at the center of Granada, close to the Cathedral and main square. The facility is pretty old and being located in an area of pubs and taverns is a little bit noisy.
The Wi-fi wasn't work at all.
Javier the man that cheek-in is really friendly and very informative.

Room Tip: Don't you choose a room facing the street of the taverns.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Pros:
-Decent price
-Great location
-Friendly, helpful owner

Cons:
-Wifi only works if you're sitting in 2 chairs in the hallway, not in the rooms. Even in the hallway it's a really bad connection.
-Rooms didn't feel clean, trash hadn't been emptied, floor seemed dirty, I questioned how long since the sheets had been washed.
-Bathroom didn't have warm water enough for one short shower.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie G
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in late mid-July 2013. The hostel itself is very neat- it seems to be in an old school or at least an old office. The man who checks you in is very friendly and kind. The location is great. It is in the middle of everything.

I had a single room. I could not get the television to work with either remote or buttons on the television. The bed was uncomfortable and the sheets looked old and worn. The bathrooms were clean, but needed new shower curtains- there was a lot of mold on them. You also must pay for AC. To say the least, I was not impressed with the quality of the rooms/bathrooms. I will say the hostal was not intolerable but I would probably not stay here again, as I am sure there are much better options in Granada.

• Stayed July 2013
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Hostal Antares is located in the centre of Granda within EZ walking distance of all the attractions.
Around the Hostel are many restuarants, cafes, tapas bars, shops. The owner loves his music and was very helpful showing us on the map where the attractions are in Granada. Shared bathroom situations works very well and had 2 large bathroom and 3 toilets between 5 rooms.
Free WiFi in the room works very well.

Room Tip: Shared bathrooms are on the 1st floor and in room bathrooms are on the 2nd floor. Rooms with bathroo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Nonthaburi, Thailand
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I went there by evening after spending half day in Cordoba. When I stepped in the owner gave me 3 keys for front door, second floor and room key. There was also a Microwave for each floor for every one to use. You had WIFI signal but I didn't buy a SIM card so I cannot use it. Actually I tried to find a cheaper price in central location but I found only a room with shared bathroom which I didn't like. So I booked it. All in all I found that the room was good for my friend and I. What I disliked was I had to carry my heavy luggage to second floor with so many steps. Other things were fine for me. You can go to Alhambra easily just walk out to the street and across to the other side of the street and you will find minibus to Alhambra. I paid 78Euros for 2 nights on 8-9 March 2013.

Room Tip: I don't know because I got third room on the third floor which was good for us. You get enough...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My daughter made a booking for me as I travelled to Granada as it seemed to have good reviews. When I arrived I was delighted. Javier made me most welcome gave me a double room next to the bathroom (at single price)and explained where to get tickets for the Alhambra and other sights. The Hostal is centrally located in a street opposite the cathedral Bus no 3 or 33 from bus station and surrounded by reasonable priced tapas bars and restaurants. It is clean and wellkept with free wi fi and micro wave there is no curfew and you are given three keys for security Front door,reception and room Storage is available after noon check out at a reasonable price. I travel a lot and always stay in hostals would they were all as good as this!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Adrian P
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

We booked this hostel for 1 night stay in Granada. We picked it mainly due to good score on tripadvisor as well as booking.com together with its excellent location.

Location itself is good and convenient, less than 5min to Cathedral, tourist info center, bus station to airport/Albaycin/train/long distance bus station.

The owner showed strong hospitality ESP to us Chinese and very nice and talkative also gave us tips.

However I still think this hostel is overrated and overpriced: (actually it's the worst accommodation for my whole Spain trip)
- no 24hr reception
- staff except for the owner speak very limited english
- room is very small
- hot water in bathroom is even not sufficient for quick shower for 1 person, my friend is obliged to take shower in shared bathroom outside our room
- noisy at night given the bar on ground floor and the thin wall not soundproof( we Dan gear clearly the conversation on corridor)
- no lift and u have to take luggage yourself for 2stories
- wifi is very weak and slow.

Won't recommend this place