“Wonderful”

Ranked #6 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Minneapolis, MN
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I arrived completely exhausted. The hotel employees were wonderful. The first room, in the new part of the building, wasn't so nice. Large windows in a corner room over a very noisy street. I couldn't sleep, so they put me in the Presidential suite for two nights. It was incredible, but I never would pay $750 for it. They were very helpful with everything.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
HospesHotels, Director General at Hospes Palacio de los Patos, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Guest,

The Hotel has two buildings, the Palace from the XIXth century and the new Alabaster building.
We are happy to know that we were able to ensure a wonderful stay. As you mention our staff is our biggest asset.

We thank you for the time taken to write about your stay in our Hotel.

We hope we will welcome you back if you come back to Granada

Marc Passola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Recommend the junior suite , amazing grand room in a beautiful old house a very grand one at that. My husband 5 year old daughter who thought the small pool in the spa was the perfect size for her... we all really enjoyed this property.
The general manager helped us with booking the Hospes property in Madrid which was also excellent , thanks Juan

Room Tip: Junior suite
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicola G
HospesHotels, Director General at Hospes Palacio de los Patos, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your kind words.

We are happy to know you enjoyed our recovered Palace from the XIXth century and our Spa.
It's a pleasure for us to help all our guest in all their needs.

We hope we can welcome you back at any of the Hospes Hotels in the near future.

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Second stop on our beautiful tour across Andalucía was city of Granada and Hotel Hospes de los Patos. We took the bus from Cordoba, which was very nice choice; olive trees all around and all the way to Granada.
Hotel is at the city center, near shopping and tapas bars in Calle Navas, and not too far away from old part of the city, Albaizin (approximately 20 minutes easy walk) and Alhambra (approx. 45 minutes' walk, all the way to the top).
Location is great, if you like to be at the new part of the city and if you want to have restaurants and bars near you.
We have booked the Deluxe room in old part of hotel, because I thought it would be nice combination of new and old.
The room we got # 15 was nice and all the amenities were good (especially professional hair drier), but the room location was on the ground floor just across restaurant and in front of the courtyard where are all tables from the restaurant located (in spring and summer). We could hear everybody going to and from the restaurant for breakfast or just passing by. I can only imagine how is that in spring/summer time when everybody is sitting in nice courtyard having breakfast and talk.
The room itself consisted of two rooms and the bathroom in the middle. There was enough place for our daughter to play around.
This time, I, again, took the opportunity to take a look around the hotel with the hotel staff, so here are some conclusions: The rooms in the old part, only on higher floors are much nicer with wooden ceiling, lot of light than the one on the ground floor which we have got. Also, if you like modern design, I would totally recommend new part of the hotel in which the rooms are very spacey and nicely decorated (in basic category - Dreamer room)
Reception staff and the restaurant staff are nice and made our stay relaxing.
The breakfast was very good; there was a good selection of fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, jamon Iberico, cheese, croissants, juices, coffee... Practically the same as it was in Hospes Palacio del Bailio in Cordoba.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone who are looking for centrally located hotel near shopping and restaurants, but if you prefer old part of the city and its fine examples of Moorish construction try to find hotel in Albaicin. This part of the city is very, very nice and romantic with its beautiful narrow streets and really nice restaurants with Alhambra view!

Room Tip: The rooms in the old part, on higher floors are much nicer with wooden ceiling, lot of light than...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank zeljkadurovic
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your stay in our Hotel.

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mention the location is in the city center, having almost everything in a walking distance.
We really take care of our breakfast and all the other services to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay.

We thank you, as well, for your recommendations.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

This small hotel is lovely, and the staff will go out of their way to assist you. Special thanks to Claudia who assisted my husband and I with Alhambra tickets at short notice.

This is a small boutique hotel but with lovely modern rooms.

Lovely restaurant at the site, with great Spanish wines and tapas.

Lovely experience overall.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HospesHotels, Director General at Hospes Palacio de los Patos, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for taking your time to write about your wonderful stay.

We are glad to know you had a lovely experience in our Hotel, we have communicated to Claudia and the rest of the staff your comments.
As you mention at our restaurant we offer a nice selection of tapas and wines, as well.

We hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Essex, UK
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I brought my wife and our little girl here as a treat for my wife for her birthday. Off-season rates were very good and I have to say we got a lot for our money.

Upon arrival at the hotel you cannot help but be impressed. It pops up all of a sudden as you walk through the centre of Granada down one of the main streets and the main palatial building is so good-looking. I personally also love the modern addition that houses the restaurant, spa and a few extra rooms.

We were greeted with water and tea and shown around the hotel. When we were showed to our room (to which we had been upgraded at no extra cost), we found our bags already there and everything set up for our stay, including the cot for the baby.

Our room and all the facilities were fantastic. Service was everything you would expect from a five star hotel, but don't always get. The common areas of the hotel are really nice and very quiet.

All the attractions of Granada are within walking distance, but it still feels very secluded, somehow.

The only reason I can't give this hotel a perfect review is that when we went to use the spa facilities, the pool was a bit cold and the sauna and steam rooms weren't functioning. To compound matters, the desk was unattended, so we had to switch the sauna on ourselves and wait for it to warm up. It was a real shame as we had really been looking forward to relaxing in the spa. I understand it was a very quiet time of year for the hotel but if they were going to be running a reduced service in the spa they should have informed us. They could have at least said to us that we should give them a bit of warning if we were planning on coming down to the spa so they could perhaps get the facilities ready.

Breakfast was very nice. Excellent all-round selection of cereals, meats, rolls, yoghurts and pastries.

This is a hotel that provides a perfect base for a beautiful city. I think it would be a shame to come to visit a city that feels as magical as Granada and not stay in a hotel as nice as this. Highly recommended.

On a different note, a tip for travellers to Granada by car, as we were: be very careful and pay full attention to the road signs on the way into the city centre. As you get into the centre of town it very suddenly becomes the case that only taxis and buses can drive down certain streets and they are camera controlled. I am quite sure I'm going to get a fine through the post soon, as I realised too late I was driving somewhere I shouldn't have been at one point. I'm a conscientious driver and have lots of experience driving outside of the UK and even in Spain, but I was really confused. At one point I got pulled over by a guy on a scooter who I thought at first was police, but he turned out to be a tourist information representative, telling me I took a wrong turn down a street where cars aren't allowed and I had no idea. I think the fact that they have people going around on scooters doing this shows what a tough city it is for tourists to drive in!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ralph M
HospesHotels, Director General at Hospes Palacio de los Patos, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Customer,

First of all to thank you for having chosen our hotel during such a special family event.

Make our customers feel confortable and welcome from the beginning helps our guest to fully enjoy our hotel without being worried for anything else.

We are really glad room, facilities, breakfast and service met your expectations.

Sorry for the inconveniences at the Spa. Usually if the Spa therapist is busy with a treatment, reception could provide you further assistance.

Concerning driving into city centre we recommend to come by the bypass and take exit 129 Recogidas. You will come out from the bypass facing Recogidas Street where is located the Hotel. Before getting at the Hotel you will see Los Patos Hotel garage notice on the road left side. Driving is forbidden right after the Hotel. In case you receive a traffic fine you could claim back sending them a copy of the hotel invoice.

Thank you for anticipate your concerns to other guests.

Wishing your wife had a great birthday in Granada.

Kindest regards,

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of Granada, and with it's underground parking we found it ideally situated to take in the city.

We had a massive room after being upgraded at check-in and really enjoyed the old building. There is a new building but this may not have the same delightful character that the main palace building has.

Staff were exceptional, we were surprised how well we were treat and really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Customer,

We are so pleased you have fully enjoyed your stay with us.

We agree location and garage help to improve your level of satisfaction, sleep in a Palace gives character, and if the staff is brilliant, make it perfect.

Thank you so much for your positive critics about us.

Wish to see you back soon.

Kindest regards.

Ireland
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Treated my parents to two days in Granada. Didn't know anything about this hotel but was really happy I based my decision on the reviews here. This is a beautiful hotel, very old world on the outside & modern inside (however a bit too contemporary for my taste). I can't praise the staff enough. We were very well looked after from the moment we arrived. Alberto kindly showed us around the facilities before taking us to our rooms. As this was a treat for my folks, I splurged a bit and reserved two suites. Our rooms were lovely, we didn't need anything extra. Location was good and not too far from nice bars and restaurants. The Alhambra was around a 25min walk.

I could certainly recommend this hotel.

Thanks again to all the great staff :-)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HospesHotels, Director General at Hospes Palacio de los Patos, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Customer,

It is specially satisfying to read you are your parents enjoyed your stay with us. That is the most important!

We are glad you liked the palace building, its location, and the personnel service.

Thank you again so much for your confidence in Hospes Hotels and for recommending us!

We will pass your congratulations comments to all our staff.

We encourage you to repeat the experience in the rest of Hospes Hotels.

Kindest Regards,