“Modern Hotel in Spain”

NH Collection Granada Victoria
Ranked #6 of 122 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was by far the most modern hotel my husband and I stayed in throughout our 2.5 week tour of Spain. The rooms are a good size, clean and nicely decorated. Unfortunately, our room was one of a couple per floor that faces an inner atrium over the breakfast room which meant we had absolutely no natural light. Definitely request an outer facing room.
The hotel advertises free internet but be aware - it is only free in the lobby and you are given access codes for 35 minutes. To purchase internet in the room was very expensive (17 euros for 24 hours) and there was no option of a smaller package. In this day in age, internet should be a given.
The location of this hotel is perfect - right in the historical centre and easy to access shops, restaurants and the hop on, hop off bus. Do note, it is not easy to access by car as many of the roads have been converted to bus & taxi only. My husband and I tried to navigate to the hotel parking lot for an hour before giving up and parking a 5 minute walk away (for 4 euros cheaper than the hotel was offering.) If you can avoid it, don't bother trying to drive.
We ate the hotel breakfast as we were looking to get moving quickly in the morning but it wasn't worth the cost. I'm sure you could get something very similar for half the price nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for an outer facing room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel selection was great- it's quite in the center , not far from both Albaicin and Cathedral, with great views and very professional staff always ready to help -they arranged a private guided excursion to Alhambra and reserved a great restaurant-mirador when our choice was fully booked, but still their choice was more than satisfactory. nice breakfast dishes selection.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is an historic hotel, and the location is walking distance to the cathedral and the shuttle buses to the Al Hambra. While the exerior is turn of the century, the interior is modern with updated bathrooms.

The staff were friendly, but barely spoke English.

We had an interior room, and the bathroom was modern and clean. However, the walls of the room definitely needed to be painted. But the location makes up for all of the minor negatives. It helps that the price was right. The breakfast buffet, for which there was an additional charge, was good.

Hotel staff was able to

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room. Although it tends to be dark, this eliminates the street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I was delighted with this hotel and only regret that I didn't stay longer in Granada to explore more of this lovely town. The room was clean, comfortable and very quiet ( I asked for an internal room ) and I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. I arrived very early one morning on the night train from Barcelona and hadn't booked my onward trip. The receptionist gave excellent advice about buses, etc. I had pre-booked my ticket to Alhambra
(fantastic !) and I spent most of the day there. I had also booked a trip up to the caves of Sacromonde to watch gypsy flamenco dancing and had arranged to be collected from the hotel lobby at 9 10 pm. I returned to the hotel after dinner around 9 pm and a different receptionist came over to tell me that she had received a telephone call and that the performance had been cancelled. Waves of disappointment!! However the receptionist then told me that she had taken the liberty of booking an alternative flamenco show for me and their agent was already on the way to pick me up at 9 10 as scheduled! She asked if I was happy with that. Of course!!! The show was excellent and I was so grateful because I would have missed out otherwise. I have no reservation in recommending this hotel to any visitor to Granada.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in March 2012. The first night I had a room which had a window which opened to the atrium in the center of the building. The room was hot and worse there was a lot of construction noise from the next building. I made it clear I was not happy with the room before I left for a 2 day excursion.

When I came back they gave me a room which had windows on the street. It was cool, comfortable and quiet. They even sent up to fruit platter to make amends. This room was really fine.

Both rooms were a nice size by european standards and were clean and in good shape. The location of the hotel is great. I did not sign up for the breakfast. It is expensive. You can have a lovely breakfast at a number of streetside cafes that within 5 minutes of the hotel.

You can not beat the location of the hotel. It is central to the city and close to bus stops and taxi stands. It is a 20 minute walk to the Alhambra and 3 minutes to nice places to eat. The staff was kind and responsive.

My bottom line is that I would say here again, I would not buy the breakfast, I would make certain that I had a room which faced the street.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a window which opens to the outside. Also ask for a "quiet"...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We had difficulty finding the hotel by road poss. due to road works. The car park is 20euros per 24hours and is necessary thro' no avail.street parking. The central location is a major benefit and we found the walk to Alhambra Palace a fairly easy 20 minute sight seeing tour!
The advertised breakfast price is high but on check-in a reasonable "special offer" was available which we took and enjoyed a substantial and varied start to the day.

Room Tip: Front rooms offer good views of city. Back rooms offer peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The location of the hotel is definitely its best attribute. Therefore, if you are in Granada for a short time, a day or 2, you need to be in the Centre.

The problem with being in the Centre is reaching the hotel by car. It is better to get to the hotel by taxi and move within the city with its good public transport.

The NH chain guarantees good standards in its customer service and the rooms. Do not expect big rooms or fancy views, you will find a functional space to sleep with confort.

I recommend this hotel to all Trip Advisor travellers.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple