“Does the Job, but very business orientated!”

Barcelo Granada Congress
Ranked #20 of 123 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Was a very Clean, large room with modern facilities and generally pleasant...Bathroom was a good size with a double sink; shower a little tricky to get the hang of as it had various nozzles etc, take an extra ten minutes to get the knack of it !! There is very little (if any) atmosphere and the bar menu is lacking a lot ! The hotel does have good staff who speak English well! It's not too far from the old town, about a 10 minute slow walk. It does appear a hotel aimed at businessmen/women (as the name does suggest!) as suppose too family orientated. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay but would probably choose somewhere more authentic if visiting Granada again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here one night in mid August for a visit to the Alhambra. I chose the hotel for both parking and easy access to the Alhambra car park.
The hotel was also located a short walk into the old town in Granada. The rooms were good and clean and had all the amenities you would expect. The hotel was also good value but however it lacked any atmosphere and ambience. Both the parking and Spa were extra cost and beware the Spa was closed between 2pm & 5pm.
The hotel did the job but lacked any spark!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I agree with a previous poster. The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice and very aesthetically pleasing, but there is nothing overly special about it to make it a 5-star.

Pros: Clean, modern-looking, good breakfast buffet.

Cons: Location is a bit out of the way, fitness center, no pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I visited this hotel with friends. Having heard that it was 5* my expectations were high. The hotel is clean and the rooms are nice, but it is lacking in something that makes it grand. There is a large selection for breakfast, but there is a few flaws. The milk only comes in full fat for coffee, and the chopped, ready to eat fruit is from a tin. My sleep quality in this hotel was low. I stayed on the 10th floor and it was a windy night. Unfortunately for me the seal on the window was not tight and there was a constant whistling noise in my room. It is a nice hotel, but it does not deserve 5* status.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank skandwm
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We checked out from this terrible hotel. We should have stayed me and my GF for 2 nights but I couldn't take it.

The bathroom was broken and the water stayed in the shower tab. They sent me somebody to fix it but he couldn't. I could have asked to change the room but it's not worth it because we were leaving anyway.

The trash bin in the bathroom was broken, they sent me somebody to replace it after I complained.

Double bed is not in full size.

The staff don't talk nice and they asked me what do I want after I was complaining and they didn't apologize for their reputation sake..

If you want to pay for 5 stars hotel you want to enjoy your money, but in this hotel you pay €15 per day for parking and €25 for using the SPA for 60 minutes. Not a good deal! Go and get 3 stars instead.

Finally, the breakfast is really terrible, I could eat much nicer in any place in down town. Too few sorts of food and very low quality. You cannot choose were you sit to eat. A guy comes and tell you were you can sit because they want to keep most of the room clean and they don't want to pay extra cleaning service.

With their bad deals, I am sure they are going to collapse soon. It looks they already have economic problem, they even lock the toilette paper.

Bad deal!!!!!

I don't recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerGuy78
Reviewed 12 March 2013

STAFF NOT FRIENDLY at all ! The entrance, bedroom and bathroom had a great design and were really beautiful and VERY CLEAN, but it was more like a 3 to 4 stars hotel, things were broken here and there caused us some inconvenience, especially in the shower. Moreover the bad was really too small.

BAD BREAKFAST ! BAD SERVICE ! After our first breakfast we got very disappointed and we checked out even though we were supposed to stay more. Bad quality buns and pastries, fatty salted preparations, no fresh fruits (just fruits conserved in can with sirop), not dark bread, no dry fruits, artificial juices, bad service, all the tables were used and even though the restaurant was not full at all we had hard time to find an clean spot.

TOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT IT IS ! The parking and the pool are require extra fees (15 euros/day for the parking, and around 60 euros for 1 hour in the small indoor pool and jakuzzi)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Our group stayed here for one night. Fist I am impressed by the nice looking overall red decor, but after I found there are stains on the top cover of the bed... Not impressed in a good way. We further found the next layer of the bed is kind of sandy and some looked like snack crumbs. I called the reception (and the phone list is not written in English so I guess it would be 0 or 9 to reach them), the staffs are fast in response and they changed the sheets for us. However, I think it's either laundry or storage problem so the sheets are not clean enough... I also agree the wifi is weak but somehow workable from my room.

Room Tip: Check bed sheets and if you want to test wifi signal, test it by the desk.