We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this small hotel located in a restored 16th century house.
Our one and only snag: don't pass the parking garage! The hotel is located on a tiny one-way street, and you'll pass the garage before the hotel. Leave your car in the driveway of the garage while you run into the hotel to check-in. Learn from our experience. After a long driving adventure through the neighborhood (our GPS was a rock star), we arrived at the hotel only to prolong the adventure by navigating our way back to the parking garage not 200m behind us. Thanks to calm-under-pressure driving and the crude sign language of a Spanish handyman, we made it to our parking spot (and didn't move the car again until we were ready to depart).
But really, this is a lovely hotel in the heart of the Albayzin. Rooms are simple and surprisingly spacious. Individually controlled A/C was a definite plus (it's hot in Granada!). Our breakfast was leisurely, and the other hotel guests were friendly. The staff is excellent. We were able to book day-of dinner and hammam reservations with no problems, and we were provided with excellent maps and advice (e.g., the minibus route to the Alhambra...the only place we did not walk to).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a restored house from the XVI century. It is situated on the main street of the historical neighbourhood of the Albaizyn ( Granada), five minutes walking distance from the city centre. It is surrounded by gardens and different monuments such us the Monastery of Santa Isabel la Real, the palace of Dar-Al Horra and the San Miguel Bajo church. The hotel is also very near the beautiful views from San Nicolas, San Cristobal and la Lona. There is an enclosed parking lot and a bus stop near the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santa Isabel la Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Isabel La Real Hotel Granada
- Santa Isabel La Real Granada