This hotel is gorgeous. The staff are very friendly, and we thought the breakfast was great (although we are early risers so we had a full array of choices that other reviewers may not have had).
However, we think other travellers should know that it's noisy even if you *aren't* on the ground floor. Here's why: the rooms are situated around an internal courtyard. If other guests make noise in this courtyard, you can hear it. The stereotype of Spanish people is that they keep late hours and they love to talk and this was certainly our experience! One late evening we were "treated" to 15 min of a loud conversation between two guests who turned out to be staying in the same room. Heaven knows what they were talking about but, please, save it for behind closed doors!
I don't think that people need to tiptoe around hotels (OK, actually, I do ... but I will allow for the occasional lapse), so perhaps this is just a plea to everyone to be considerate of others when in parts of the hotel that face onto guest rooms.
In any case, we would probably stay here again because the other attributes were so positive. I would love it if the staff made it a habit to tell guests, at check-in, about how noisy the courtyard can be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a restored house from the XVI century. It is situated on the main street of the historical neighbourhood of the Albaizyn ( Granada), five minutes walking distance from the city centre. It is surrounded by gardens and different monuments such us the Monastery of Santa Isabel la Real, the palace of Dar-Al Horra and the San Miguel Bajo church. The hotel is also very near the beautiful views from San Nicolas, San Cristobal and la Lona. There is an enclosed parking lot and a bus stop near the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Santa Isabel la Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Isabel La Real Hotel Granada
- Santa Isabel La Real Granada