Yes, the hotel was excellent. Almost as exciting, though, is how close you are to two superb restaurants. (Ana, one of the hotel's managers, recommended both.) First, you must go to Restaurante Las Tomasas which is just down the road. You get an unbelievable view of the Alhambra, and the food is fantastic. I recommend the duck. The second restaurant , which is even closer in a nearby plaza, is El Aji. The pork dish blew me away. After visiting five Spanish cities, our best meals - by far - were at these two restaurants. By the way, the hotel is also extremely close to the Mirador de San Nicolas, which also has a great view of the Alhambra.
Back to the hotel: We had a great room on the upper floor. The room felt new, was decorated with taste, and the bathroom was great. It was very comfortable. The one drawback to this particular room is that you have a view of the park next door which draws some interesting characters during the afternoon. Nevertheless, walking around the Albayzin is charming (though hilly), and the shops down the hill have some cool items. The hotel is not close to the Alhambra, but it's not really an issue since you just take one of the local buses to get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a restored house from the XVI century. It is situated on the main street of the historical neighbourhood of the Albaizyn ( Granada), five minutes walking distance from the city centre. It is surrounded by gardens and different monuments such us the Monastery of Santa Isabel la Real, the palace of Dar-Al Horra and the San Miguel Bajo church. The hotel is also very near the beautiful views from San Nicolas, San Cristobal and la Lona. There is an enclosed parking lot and a bus stop near the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Santa Isabel la Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Isabel La Real Hotel Granada
- Santa Isabel La Real Granada