We arrived in Granada at 8:00 A.M. after an all-night sleeper train ride from Barcelona. After a taxi ride to the hotel, to our surprise, we were offered breakfast, even though our check in time wasn't until 2:00 in the afternoon. After we ate, a staff member made sure that we got on the right mini-bus to the Alhambra (bus stop almost right outside the front door) and stowed our luggage until we got back. It was 100 degrees outside, but the AC worked just fine, and we were very comfortable at night (If you're going to southern/central Spain in the summer, make sure that your hotels have very good ACs!!)
The Moorish neighborhood was really nice. The Albayzyn is realy quaint, compared to downtown by the cathedral and train station -- and the minibus goes right by the Cathedral anyway. From the hotel, it's only about a five minute walk to the perfect lookout to see the Alhambra, esp. at night -- St. Nick's Plaza. Near that was a really nice treed plaza filled with tables and surrounded by several restaurants -- all reasonably priced and filled with locals -- Typical Spanish scene: 11:00 PM and whole families eating dinner with the kids running around.
The small, quaint hotel, the Moorish neighborhood, and the Alhambra -- that's why you go to Granada!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a restored house from the XVI century. It is situated on the main street of the historical neighbourhood of the Albaizyn ( Granada), five minutes walking distance from the city centre. It is surrounded by gardens and different monuments such us the Monastery of Santa Isabel la Real, the palace of Dar-Al Horra and the San Miguel Bajo church. The hotel is also very near the beautiful views from San Nicolas, San Cristobal and la Lona. There is an enclosed parking lot and a bus stop near the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santa Isabel la Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Isabel La Real Hotel Granada
- Santa Isabel La Real Granada