Generally enjoyed our stay at Villa Oniria this month for 7 nights.
Plus points - Nice spacious room, big comfortable bed, great location, helpful staff, great furnishing and stylish interior & the best jacuzzi I have had the pleasure of using!
However there were a few niggling issues that all added up to giving me the impression they lack a bit of attention to detail:
1. Room was cleaned randomly throughout the day despite us having the cleaning notice on. When it was cleaned we noticed it was never hoovered despite there being crumbs on the floor.
2. One of the reasons we booked the hotel was because it had a gym. However, it only consisted of 3 machines, one of which was broken. Also the gym got incredibly hot & stuffy as it was next to the jacuzzi and pool area. Some air con or fans are needed. Still it is always nice to have a gym area even a shoddy one!
3. The restaurant (La Fabula) (which we had been really looking forward to) was closed for renovation for the entire duration of our stay. There was no mention of this on the website or at time of booking.
4. I asked the reception staff for directions for the Science museum one day and then subsequently found out I was given the wrong bus number. Why not have a bus map/information behind the desk if they are unsure instead of giving incorrect information?
However, I must say generally the staff were super helpful.
5. When we went to check out we were charged 15 euros each time we had used the pool/spa area which when we disputed was removed but again, this should be made clear at reception/in advance.
6. Not all the staff spoke great English, which probably lead to a few of the issues above. I do not expect people that work in all hotels to speak my language (especially in Granada where much of there business appears to come from other Spanish tourists) but I think a lot of the above issues could have been resolved by having an information guide about the hotel in the room. This way the guide could be in Spanish/German/English etc so as not to risk verbal mistranslations.
Anyway, in short the advantages out weighed the negatives and I would not hesitate to recommend this place to friends. Hopefully these points are taken on board.
ps: this place is located a stones throw from a million bars/cafes/bakeries etc so I would recommend you save some room for the amazing food Granada has to offer!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Oniria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Oniria Hotel Granada
- Oniria Hotel Granada