“So much better than expected”

Restaurante Jardines Alberto
Ranked #154 of 1,571 Restaurants in Granada
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro - Sagrario
Description: Restaurante situado en la misma entrada de la Alhambra junto al Generalife. Ubicado en un Carmen Granadino se encuentra rodeado de jardines y espectaculares vistas sobre la muralla de la Alhambra
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Don't visit a World Heritage sight on Sunday afternoon.

We began our long walk through the Alhambra by standing in lines for two and a half hours. (By the way, they only take cash.) When we finally exited this (yes, astonishing and beautiful) place, we were about done. It was nearly five and we had missed lunch. Across the street was Jardines Alberto. We chose it, frankly, because of the 10% off coupon that came with our Alhambra entry ticket. I was looking for a beer and a place to sit.

What I found was a very pleasant shaded patio, surrounded with sculpture and greenery, excellent service and very good food. That beer I so badly needed was cold as well. My wife had duck and a complex arranged salad with tuna and smoked salmon, I had an interesting local variation of gazpacho and excellent grilled sea bass. On their pris fixe menu, this came to 34 Euros. A true bargain and my retroactive apologies for disrespecting the place from outside.

I can't imagine there is a better spot so recover from the many steps in the Alhambra than the Jardines Alberto.

1  Thank ColWB47

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Dropped off outside Alhambra Palace to find somewhere to eat. We expected it would be low quality, high prices and just tourist rip off area. Chose this place only because of the terrace. Very pleasantly surprised. Waiters were charming and funny, menu was very varied and prices reasonable. Vichyssoise and Gazpacho excellent, Spaghetti Carbonara and meatballs both great. 2 glasses of 'tinto de verano' with the meal. Total €49, which for where we were was very good. The terraces are charming and full of greenery, plants and flowers. I recommend this place.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great ambiance and an interesting mix of fellow diners. We tried the gazpacho and the local vegetable soups to our enjoyment. My leg of lamb was-melt-off-the-bone perfect. But it was the treetop and lush location at the top of the hill, nearby to the Alhambra, under a wide patch of summer sky, which mades the Jardines Alberto eminently mentionable. We went back a second night!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We tried to the restaurant following trip advisor review. We were not disappointed. The waiters were very attentive and spoke good English. My wife had the fish dish and I had a lamb shoulder as part of a three course meal along with a bottle of wine and finish with coffee €65. Really good value a place I would definitely recommend

1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This family run restaurant provides exceptional quality food for a great value, including lots of choices for vegetarians. Located next to the Alhambra with sunset views from the elevated outside terrace, fabulous atmosphere and very friendly staff, it is the ideal place to relax and have a fabulous night out. The staff made us so very welcome, and the food was so exceptional that we visited for 3 nights during our stay in Granada. We would highly recommend the Aubergine Salad and Chocolate Souffle. What a find !!!

1  Thank 535MrsF