“Extraordinary service in an ordinary location”
Review of AC Hotel Huelva

AC Hotel Huelva
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Huelva
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We finished a 2 1/2 week bicycle tour of Spain and Portugal at this hotel as we had run out of time and this was a practical location for heading on to Sevilla and Morocco. Although we hadn't planned to stay here I was extremely pleased with the service that we received. The staff found storage spaces for 4 bicycles just off the lobby and straightened out an issue with Marriott amenities. After we decided the next morning that we would send the bikes back to Lisbon the front desk personnel found us boxes for helmets and arranged for another secure storage space until the shipping company arrived. Everyone was friendly, courteous and helpful even though our Spanish is not fluent.

I am a frequent traveler with Marriott and other chains and I was very impressed by the level of service exhibited at this property.

The breakfast buffet was typical with Serrano ham, tortilla, fruit, rolls and spreads - perfect for us. The bar area did not seem to have anything going on the night and following morning of our stay even though a flyer noted that they would be showing every single World Cup game. The fitness center was very small with just 3 machines and a rack of hand weights.

This is a business hotel and is far removed from the center of Huelva but it is adjacent to the autopista and near the university. The layout of the rooms echoed other AC hotels, the bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked (a big deal for me as we had problems in most of the places we stayed over a month traveling). Our room had a view of the empty, decrepit fountain near the autopista on ramps. We received a very good rate for two rooms as there did not seem to be much business at the start of the week.

Huelva has some interesting history and nearby sights as well as beach areas that are very close. We rode to town from the coast on a lovely bicycle path that paralleled the autopista. Frankly, I'd never heard of the town but I would like to return to this area in the future. When that happens I will be staying at the AC Hotel.

Thank you very much for the wonderful treatment and assistance that we received.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank terere2

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here on a quick 1 night stopover on a recent driving trip through Spain. Very nice hotel, great breakfast and great staff. Our waiter in the restaurant was excellent and very hospitable. Access to parking was good too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Situated on the main road into town but 40 minutes walk from the centre, this modern hotel is very functional. Clean and comfortable, reasonable pricing and a good buffet breakfast make this a good base for a stay in Huelva. The immediate surroundings are not the most salubrious and it's a bit of a tight squeeze to get into the secure parking.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel is located on the other end of the town. The hotel itself is very nice. One can reach the town by bus number 4 which gets you into the the center in 10minutes. The cost of each trip is Euro 1.10. By walk it is 20 minutes. There are few super markets like Carrefour and Mercadona within walking distance. The hotel have free coffee and some refreshment free until 7 pm at the lobby bar. The breakfast spread is good. If you are marriott member you can claim daily free wifi code.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nauni
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Arriving after a long hard drive from Alicante, it was a welcome rest. The staff were very professional, the room was clean and modern. We did not sample any food there as we arrived at 1.30am...
Some advise I would offer anybody doing this trip is that I would never leave Alicante or anywhere in that direction to head into the sunset! We should have left in the morning, I know that this has nothing to do with the hotel but it was really a big mistake to leave in the afternoon, one other point if you have any valuables in your car ( we saw many cars full up with personal items parked outside the hotel ) take advantage of the underground parking in the hotel. I also noticed a car with three lads prowling around ! Pay the extra and have a restfull sleep!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lloyd R
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay here because of the clean rooms, good restaurant food, and the front desk staff's wonderful service (I believe her name was Maria? She was taking classes for a masters in tourisim). She and the owner/manager made my long-stay enjoyable and negotiated a better value for laundry services with me. The other staffers left something to be desired and were irritated by my inept ability to speak Spanish. I stayed here for 2 months while working at the CEPSA refinery nearby. Although there are few restaurants nearby, the hotel is right next to the main street into town and there is a grocery store very close by. I also found the location next to the highway very convenient for me to take personal road trips to Lisbon, Granada, Tarifa, Cadiz, Rona, and Sevilla. I loved my time there and would gladly stay there on business again.

The rooms are very clean, and although the parking garage is very small it was well worth the additional protection of safety.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Easy access near the main Andalusia street. Hotel is not four star. Very cold lobby, average rooms, queen bed. Tv didn't work, wc was leaking noisily. All in all I wouldn't come here again. Not cheap.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family