We spent 4 nights at the hotel.
On the positive side:
- The location is incredible! With a swimming pool and a terrace right in front of the cathedral. You can't find a better place.. You can have a drink at night on the terrace while watching the cathedral. It's magic!
- The hotel is very modernly furnished and even if it's quite surprising at first, it is definitely very well arranged and decorated.
- The spa is well equiped and confortable. We didn't try the massages but the steam bath and the (second) pool are very nice.
- The people are friendly and try to do their best, even if it's definitely not perfect. Sometimes, you'll need to ask 3 or 4 times for something but at the end, it's ok.
- The rooms are well equiped and confortable. Be aware that they might not have a window on the street or on the cathedral, even for Deluxe rooms. You'd better check with the hotel that your room has the view you want...
- The hotel is clean.
On the negative side:
- The restaurants. There are 4 restaurants in the hotel: 1 japanese, 1 gastronomic, 1 tapas, and 1 one the terrace.
We tried the last 2 ones. It's not acceptable. The tapas are not good, expensive and you'd better like fat...
The restaurant on the terrace is even worse. They charge 55€ (without drinks or coffee) for a meal that you wouldn't pay 10€ in any other restaurant.
To conclude: The hotel is perfect for a 3 days trip in Sevilla but have your lunch/ dinner outside the hotel. There are many good restaurants in Sevilla to avoid paying too much for something not worth.
But you must try the Caïpirina on the terrace...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EME Catedral Hotel a Boutique Hotel located in the historical centre of Seville, in the Santa Cruz neighbourhood, right in front of the Cathedral and the Giralda, just some steps away from the shopping area. As a result of the restoration of fourteen typical sevillian listed houses from the XVI century, the urban resort has 60 rooms and an excellent gastronomic and leisure space with restaurants, cocktail bars, wellness spa, outdoor swimming pool and outstanding panoramic terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your EME Catedral Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Eme Fusion
- Eme Fusion Seville