“Terrific hotel”

AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo
Ranked #52 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

First time in Sevilla and booked this mostly out of curiosity. Very happy with my decision. Great room, very pleasant and helpful staff, with a great shower. Good location and some great restaurants in the old city, only 5 minutes away by taxi.

2  Thank dlwsquared
OlgaManalichJ, Director General at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind comments about your stay. We are delighted that you were so satisfied with your stay in Sevilla at the AC Sevilla Torneo.

We hope you comeback soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We chose this hotel because we didn't want to deal with driving in Seville city center. It was modern to the point of sparse, but it was clean. Breakfast was good and the staff were most helpful. We took cabs to and from city center which was economical and convenient. The only complaint was that there was no real effort at style or comfort. Truly designed to be for the business traveler.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
OlgaManalichJ, General Manager at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you found our service and breakfast up to your standards.

I am sorry that you did not like our modern design and location so much, but that is something that can be seen in the photos and information about our hotel in all websites and guides that we are featured in. We will take into account your comments about lack of comfort. As you noticed, the location has its advantages, specially now in the Holy Week season when traffic in the center of town is very restricted due to the processions.

We hope to have the opportunity to enjoy your visit again when in Sevilla.

Olga Mañalich
Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms ok. Clean and modern. Bed not very comfy and pillows terrible.
Staff service was helpful and very good.
Easy bus to centro but I would stay in centro if I returned. I used points for free nights and that does have some disadvantages.
Overall a tough call for me. Acceptable but not great.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
OlgaManalichJ, Director General at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at AC Sevilla Torneo. I am very glad you were satisfied with our easy connection to the center of town and specially with our personal service.

I apologize for the discomfort you experienced related to our bedding. We are constantly renovating mattresses and pillows, I am sorry you were not satisfied with them.

I hope you give us another chance in future visits to Sevilla. If you contact me directly, I will personally make sure everything is to your liking.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel isn't close to anything or accessible. There's no reason to stay here. It's on a major traffic cicrcle and all night long I could here traffic and sirens. I only stayed because I had Marriott points. I in fact cut my stay short as the hotel was so far away. Absolutely no services near by for food. You can get to the part of town that you want to be in but it takes a 45 minute walk or a 15 minute bus ride that you have to wait for. the hotel staff was helpful, the gym was bad, the TV has no English tv stations. I would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel, that's the best advice I can give you. Also request a room on the non...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank chayler
OlgaManalichJ, General Manager at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you found our service up to standards. However, I am so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay at AC Sevilla Torneo.

We are not central in Seville, nor do we claim to be. We inform through all our literature, our website and those of online travel agencies of our location, which can be very convenient to those wanting fast access to the Airport, train station, several attractions like theme parks, auditoriums, concert halls, sports arenas and convention centers. It is not near the historic center of town -though this is easily reached by car, taxi or 3 different bus routes- . We are in a residential and business area and of course this also reflects on our low rates. There are several authentic tapa bars and restaurants around the hotel, but maybe not easily visible without being directed by our staff, who have no recollection of being asked by you. I am afraid it is a case of expectations not met and misinformation, which I am very sorry about.

The traffic noise can be canceled out by shutting the outer shell windows on top of the double glazing windows our rooms have, but anyway our staff moved you that evening to a room not overlooking the main road, but the back of the hotel.

About the TV stations, we have CNN international in english and also the TV set in your room has the posibility of seeing many TV shows and films shown in spanish channels in their original english version. I wish you would have asked the staff so we could have solved that problem right away.

All in all, I hope you give us another chance if you visit Sevilla again and I will personally make sure this time your stay is a happy one.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We had a spacious modern room with decent bathroom (fantastic shower and good hairdryer), super comfortable bed, flat screen TV and good WiFi. The hotel is a bit out of the way - but is well connected to the city centre by Bus Route 14 which seems to come very regularly. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The only downside was the TV. In other hotels that we have stayed at we have been able to change the language to English using the menu button on the TV remote control so that we could watch the movie channels. We couldn't do this here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzieLee71
OlgaManalichJ, General Manager at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review and we are very glad you gave our hotel such high marks. I apologize for the lack of language control in the TV set of the room you were assigned. We are now in the process of changing to a newer model that has that function, so if you come back make sure you specify this when reserving so we can make sure to assign you a room that has that possibility.

We look forward to your next stay with us at Hotel AC Sevilla Torneo.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My partner & I stayed here.. The rooms were modern & clean, lovely buffet breakfast :) however it is a bit out of the way tho..
Two staff members were absolutely exceptional! I hope my spelling is right but their names were Reuben and Renes.. They went out of their way to try and book tickets for us to visit Granada.. Multiple calls were made.. They let us use their computer which made us feel at home.. We were even offered to try strawberries that belonged to Renes.. The whole trip they continued to give us great advice which made our trip in Spain so much more amazing! They are amazing at their jobs and very kind hearted :) thank you to you both!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jaykaydog
OlgaManalichJ, Director General at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind review, we are very glad that you had a nice stay with us and that we were able to help you make the most of your spanish trip. Both Ruben and Reyes are very valued members of our staff and I am sure they will appreciate your comments very much.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

A nice modern hotel basic breakfast euro style breakfast a bit out of the way and not the prettiest part of the city. Rooms are clean and comfortable, basic facilities very nice service. Service is great staff always pleasant and willing to help. Flat screen TV on wall gets CNN english other channels are Spanish French German.

Room Tip: Check before you book to be sure you want to be this far away from the city and also that there are...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank kaahu5
OlgaManalichJ, Director General at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo. We are very pleased that you were satisfied with our facilities and service and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as soon as possible.