AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo
US$178
US$157
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe tv remote controlcommon in europeresidential neighborhoodold townrental carbus takescheck in was quicknumber busbusiness triproom was a decent sizenice hotelcity centrebusiness hotelstayed one nighttaxi ridetourist areawould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Very clean comfortable room, air conditioning, mini bar, TV etc lovely staff who spoke very little English but managed to understand. Dinner was poor in gloomy dining room but breakfast good, ample and lots of choice But ugh! those horrid nespresso Machines! Unfortunately it is badly located and you have to either get a taxi or a bus.

• Stayed: May 2014
OlgaManalichJ, General Manager at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you found our staff, breakfast and room facilities to your liking. I am sorry you did not like the coffee machine, but it is basically there to help avoid waits at peak times. Coffee from our proffesional espresso machine is available at any time through our staff.
About the location, we know it is not like staying at the center of the city, but our rates reflect that and we are at least easily communicated with it through several bus lines and the ease that the ringroad provides.
We hope to be able to accommodate you again in future visits to Seville.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

First time in Sevilla and booked this mostly out of curiosity. Very happy with my decision. Great room, very pleasant and helpful staff, with a great shower. Good location and some great restaurants in the old city, only 5 minutes away by taxi.

2  Thank dlwsquared
OlgaManalichJ, Director General at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind comments about your stay. We are delighted that you were so satisfied with your stay in Sevilla at the AC Sevilla Torneo.

We hope you comeback soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We chose this hotel because we didn't want to deal with driving in Seville city center. It was modern to the point of sparse, but it was clean. Breakfast was good and the staff were most helpful. We took cabs to and from city center which was economical and convenient. The only complaint was that there was no real effort at style or comfort. Truly designed to be for the business traveler.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
OlgaManalichJ, General Manager at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you found our service and breakfast up to your standards.

I am sorry that you did not like our modern design and location so much, but that is something that can be seen in the photos and information about our hotel in all websites and guides that we are featured in. We will take into account your comments about lack of comfort. As you noticed, the location has its advantages, specially now in the Holy Week season when traffic in the center of town is very restricted due to the processions.

We hope to have the opportunity to enjoy your visit again when in Sevilla.

Olga Mañalich
Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms ok. Clean and modern. Bed not very comfy and pillows terrible.
Staff service was helpful and very good.
Easy bus to centro but I would stay in centro if I returned. I used points for free nights and that does have some disadvantages.
Overall a tough call for me. Acceptable but not great.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
OlgaManalichJ, Director General at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at AC Sevilla Torneo. I am very glad you were satisfied with our easy connection to the center of town and specially with our personal service.

I apologize for the discomfort you experienced related to our bedding. We are constantly renovating mattresses and pillows, I am sorry you were not satisfied with them.

I hope you give us another chance in future visits to Sevilla. If you contact me directly, I will personally make sure everything is to your liking.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel isn't close to anything or accessible. There's no reason to stay here. It's on a major traffic cicrcle and all night long I could here traffic and sirens. I only stayed because I had Marriott points. I in fact cut my stay short as the hotel was so far away. Absolutely no services near by for food. You can get to the part of town that you want to be in but it takes a 45 minute walk or a 15 minute bus ride that you have to wait for. the hotel staff was helpful, the gym was bad, the TV has no English tv stations. I would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel, that's the best advice I can give you. Also request a room on the non street side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank chayler
OlgaManalichJ, General Manager at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you found our service up to standards. However, I am so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay at AC Sevilla Torneo.

We are not central in Seville, nor do we claim to be. We inform through all our literature, our website and those of online travel agencies of our location, which can be very convenient to those wanting fast access to the Airport, train station, several attractions like theme parks, auditoriums, concert halls, sports arenas and convention centers. It is not near the historic center of town -though this is easily reached by car, taxi or 3 different bus routes- . We are in a residential and business area and of course this also reflects on our low rates. There are several authentic tapa bars and restaurants around the hotel, but maybe not easily visible without being directed by our staff, who have no recollection of being asked by you. I am afraid it is a case of expectations not met and misinformation, which I am very sorry about.

The traffic noise can be canceled out by shutting the outer shell windows on top of the double glazing windows our rooms have, but anyway our staff moved you that evening to a room not overlooking the main road, but the back of the hotel.

About the TV stations, we have CNN international in english and also the TV set in your room has the posibility of seeing many TV shows and films shown in spanish channels in their original english version. I wish you would have asked the staff so we could have solved that problem right away.

All in all, I hope you give us another chance if you visit Sevilla again and I will personally make sure this time your stay is a happy one.