“Thoroughly Enjoyed the Show”
Review of El Patio Sevillano

El Patio Sevillano
Ranked #12 of 39 Concerts & Shows in Seville
Iowa
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 511 helpful votes
“Thoroughly Enjoyed the Show”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

El Patio Sevillano is located close to the Triana's bridge riverwalk area next door to Plaza de Toros. There was a bull fight that same evening, so the streets were bustling and crowded with vendors selling their wares and bullfight patrons everywhere, which added to the entertainment factor. EPS has 2 shows a night at 7 and 9:30 PM and last about 90 minutes. We had our choice one complimentary drink which included beer, wine, sangria or a mixed cocktail. Since I'd already tried a few Spanish cervezas, vinos & sangrias on our trip, I decided to go with a gin & tonic. It may have been tonic & gin, but the fizzing tonic and slice of lime made it a refreshing change of pace.

EPS' troupe consisted of about 10 men and women with 2 guitar players and a singer at the rear of the stage. They performed solo, couple and group dances. The artists were very professional; intense and passionate in their dancing. As our tour guide described it "They dance like they kill the stage". Each flamenco dancer had their own flair and style. The men dressed mostly in black but the female's outfits were extremely colorful. Our tour guide had informed us one of the female performers was a very well known dancer for many years (alas, I forgot her name) and that she was 65 years old. I only wish I could move like that when I'm 65.

Our tour company arranged the seating for a bus of about 25 of us. Our seats were in the first 3 rows front and center on the aisle. I believe that made it more intimate since the artists were very close. The show went by very fast, which is a good indication of how well we liked it. All the men in our group enjoyed it, although I believe the ladies were cheering more. (Some of the male dancers were very good at making eye contact with the frontrow female audience as they performed). I've read some shows only allow photography during the finale. At EPS you can take photos through out the show, see below. While El Patio Sevillano was my first live Flamenco show, and I can guarantee, it won't be my last.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank OTR_Again_IM

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Flamenco was good but the food was not”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We visited as a part of a package purchased alsong with our hotel and flofht. It was not worth it as you would get a cheaper deal if you book it after you reach Seville.

Visited September 2011
Como
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice place!”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This was my second Flamenco show in Spain, I know I'm not an experienced audience, but I really enjoyed my evening at El Patio Sevillano.
Artists were very passionate and performed several kinds of group and solo dances for 90 minutes, dresses were so colourful and the atmsphere was really impressive. Guitars and singers were moving.
I would suggest this place to other tourists, but I would add that dinner was not up to my expectations.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank cadeco
St. Augustine, Florida
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Great Show”
Reviewed 18 October 2009

This is a dinner show place for Flamenco in Sevilla, Spain. The food was not great, tho, but the show was!