“Seville”

Ayre Hotel Sevilla
Ranked #38 of 178 Hotels in Seville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel was well situated and not far from the airport. It was near a main line station Santa Justa which takes you to Barcelona and I believe Madrid.

The City Centre is not far.I enjoy walking,so we walked a lot and therefore saw many fascinating sights of the City!!! However,if you have mobility problems,then buses are easily accessible outside the hotel!!!

The staff were very pleasant ,accommodating and helpful. The room was clean and very basic.

We ate out a lot,but breakfast was a grand affair!!! Lots to eat and drink! Dinner was of simple choices.

They spoke English,but I wanted to practice my Spanish!

All in all,I enjoyed my stay there!

If one is looking for a posh hotel,then this is not for you.

Room Tip: Sorry cant say,as the room was chosen for us.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,709)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Again with Insights they pick a hotel no where near the center. Its a good thirty mins walk. I thought four star hotel had to have a mini bar, this hotel doesn't but they do give you free water. The bed have plastic matress protectors/sheets, so it makes it feel like a two star hotel. Staff are excellent, they made a restaurant booking for me, breakast buffet had good coffee but just ok food selection, they tell insights where to sit, makes you feel like second class guests

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank mashedpotatoe
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect for visiting seville.
Really good value, good food and the breakfast was incredibly varied. Nice decor. Very Art Deco with cool staircase. Nice big rooms with all you need. On the Main Street into the city. All the staff speak good English.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This large hotel is so well run and the staff are great and apart from very comfortable beds you get treated to a well served buffet breakfast ! The price for an overnight stay in July was fantastic and convenience for airport bus or trains is super. But also so nice to ride on a local bus into the centre of the old city area in the evening. The swimming pool is open 10am to 8pm for a refreshing dip. The free WiFi works very well. OK it is not situated in the old part of Seville but nearby you find some local bars with character and soyou ddon't need to go into the Vasco Antiguio if you don't have the inclination! Will always stay at AYRE when using airport and train.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cadiz_lover
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A friend and I spent two nights at the hotel.

Pros:
- The room was adequate, the beds comfortable, and two bottles of water were provided daily at no extra charge.
- The best was its location, close to the train station. We arrived in Seville late in the evening, so being close to the station was wonderful.

Cons:
- I asked for advice on monuments and on where to find typical sweets. I was recommended two monuments which happened to be closed (one for the whole week because of construction, the other because it was Monday) and a famous bakery, which was also closed because the owner died a month before. I wish the hotel representative had double checked the opening times by phone before sending me on a tour to closed doors.
- The afternoon of my departure I asked for a bottle of water (since I hadn't taken mine from the room) and the reception member called management, who told me he didn't have any. Really? How about a call to the staff who delivers them to the rooms?
Those two facts left me a bittersweet taste that I didn't expect from a four-star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stay here every time we use Seville airport - the location opposite the railway station and the stop for the flight-bus is unbeatable. Rooms are big and clean, wifi is free, water in the minibar is free, pool is free, nice complementary toiletries - you don't feel ripped off as in many hotels where all these extras cost. We have always been treated very nicely by staff, so I do not recognize what is said in some of the reviews. Yes, if you come for sight-seeing the great historic quarter, the location is not too great (though there are regular busses to the centre, you do not have to take a taxi), but for getting rid of your luggage rapidly if you come by train and sleeping that little longer when you have an early morning flight (less than 20 min to the airport), this is the ideal place. And there are some nice eating places in the area, too (up Kansas City, or for tapas, just opposite)

Room Tip: The higher up the quieter!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MK1Barry
Ayre Hoteles A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ayre Hotel Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,
we would like to thank you for your kind comments and recommendations within the Traveller’s Community. Your words will give the opportunity to other travellers to know us better and encourage them to visit us. THANK YOU! We hope to welcome you back soon. We remain at your disposal.
Kind regards
Socialmedia Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel had a lot of modern amenities but it was 30 minutes from the center of the town. When asked reception for recommendations for dinner, etc. they all suggested taking a taxi to the center. The breakfast was ok. I would pay more money and stay within the walking distance of the historic sites.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple