You have to do the checkin/checkout at the 3* parent hotel at about 80m from the entrance of this one as there is no permanent reception here. There is no restaurant in the hotel but with a 10min walk you can find plenty of restaurants/tapas bars.
As for the positive things:
- The location is great as it's very central and you can go to every part of the city center walking (attractions, bars, museums, ...)
- The rooms have been refurbished recently, the decoration is modern with color themed rooms. The single room was small but new with a good bed (good mattress), a large shower and sink as well as a TV and air conditioning (a must-have in Seville) You can access your room with an elevator and there is free wifi.
- The people handling the checkin/checkout spoke good English.
- A 'The Tourist' magazine was conveniently available in the room.
- The breakfast was a self-service active from 7.30am to 11am and was handy.
- The room was cleaned every day and sheets and towels changed each day.
- You can access your room with your card 24/7 and don't need to face a receptionist.
As for the less positive things in my experience:
- There was no window on the street in the room I was in but only on the inside patio so you couldn't really tell if it was still night or day.
- There was no information available in the room itself for simple things: how to use the phone, how much did it cost, how to call the reception (the one at the parent hotel as there is none in this hotel), ...
- The air conditioning worked but seemed to have difficulties to maintain a constant temperature: on several occasions, I woke up freezing in the room and had to stop it (even though it was set at 25-28C)
- You have to insert your access card in a slot and leave it there to have some current: this means you can't leave something charging when you're off your room. I'm not sure of the rationale as the AC could be left on (and an AC eats way more electric power than a light or a TV...)
- The phonic isolation of the room I was in (from the sounds coming from the patio) was not that great. As there was no receptionist and nothing to enforce the schedule rules for breakfast, some "smart" customers got the idea to run the very noisy coffee machines and have their breakfast in the night (4.30am...) or talk loudly in the patio or slam the entrance door when they got in... [glad I had some ear plugs available]
Overall, I was satisfied with my stay (location, location, location as they say :-) but it could have been better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best area of central Seville, Hotel Dona Lola Boutique behind the facade of the nineteenth century a modern design in which the traditional elements of flamenco acquire its own style. It features free Wi-Fi, sun terrace and 24-hour reception in the hotel.Sus own spacious rooms with large windows give great luminosity. Each room is decorated in its own color that characterizes what brings a touch of joy and vitality. All rooms have private bathroom, plasma TV, air conditioning and free Wi gratuita.Un small, exclusive hotel, a cosmopolitan place located within the traditional Seville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Dona Lola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.