We stayed there a few nights. Here are our assessment:
- location. 15 min. walk to all the main attractions. The walk to & from is safe, through interesting narrow alleys. Need a good map and a good sense of direction to navigate. The hotel map was not accurate which caused us a bit of frustration.
- Staff, no matter front desk, porters or waiters are very professional, pleasant and personal.
- The best rain shower and a long bathtub.
- Dark inside. We requested a deluxe room with a big window after reading some of the reviews. However, it was still very dark. Here is why. For the size of the room, one vertical window simply does not provide enough light. Worse still, the room only has very few lights, all of which, either very small or indirect or hidden. The reading lamp by the couch cannot be turned to provide more targeted light for reading. It is rather unpleasant to stay in the room during the day, and it is pain to read in the evenings.
- The room has hardwood floor. So it doesn't absorb noise. The door opens directly into the staircase to the courtyard and has a gap underneath. The hotel likes to have music on in all common areas. There is almost no escape to it. We could hear the music in the courtyard from our room through the door gap. Though the staff were always nice enough to switch it off, but it pained us each time when we had to request it. The music was a mix of all kinds. We certainly didn't enjoy listening to some acid jazz the 1st thing in the morning at breakfast when we merely wanted to start our day peacefully.
- The design of the room is chic but compromised on functionality, such as the lighting and noise issue mentioned above. Further, there is no towel rack for the bath towels, only a tree, but not idea to dry the wet towels. No entry closet. You have to pass the room and bath area to hang your clothes. The hotel should get their money back from whoever designed the rooms.
We will try a different hotel the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the historic Barrio de Santa Cruz, next to the vital center of Seville city, raises the Hotel Palacio de Villapanes, a shining jewel with all its splendour preserving its barroque legacy, at the same time it will transport you to the Mudejar time, inviting you to become a part of history. Built in the XVIII century for Mr. Manuel Lopez Pintado, the first Torreblanca de Aljarafe Marquis, it has been excellently renovated, maintaining its architectonic richness. Turned into a Luxury Hotel, its classical elegant style combine perfectly with a distinguish ambience, where you will be able to let go your five senses, enhanced by the fusion amongst modern design and andalusian culture, to discover and experience the most authentic Seville. Once you cross the entrance , you discover the experience of a Palace life, breathing all the contrasts and getting lost in the privacy and exquisite delight of its magnificent mudejar patio where you will be able to enjoy a welcome drink and let time go by with the best company. Each and every corner of the hotel invites you to relax and romanticism, standing out the magnificent marble and stone arches and columns , also the splendid height of its ceilings, the carpet like parquetry floors or its enormous noble wooden doors, showing the beautiful past power combined with exquisite furniture pieces from international designers. You will get lost in a sea of sensations, with its minimal design, exclusive warm and cozy luxury suites equipped with the latest technology to satisfy the most demanding guests who are looking for the delight of small intimate and personalized spaces created to dream in its balconies which caress the light over the Giralda and la Catedral de Sevilla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Palacio de Villapanes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.