Ok, So this is an interesting one. I am surprised by the incredible reviews! The Hotel itself is absolutely stunning. The staff are pleasant and do seem to go out of their way to take care of you, but it definitely lacks the "polished" staff you get with a 4+star hotel. & the little details are missing. First off the rooms (especially the lighting) are incredible. The bathrooms are a bit dark for doing makeup.
- Beautiful Hotel & Location - its like a hidden palace amongst the tiny streets of Seville
- They do try to accommodate your specific needs
- Large Mac computer in room
- Champagne and fruit in room on night of arrival
- Really friendly staff (Showed us two beautiful rooms to choose from upon our arrival)
- Rooms weren't cleaned till after 1 when I had to call down to ask for them to come and clean them. (and I did leave my room everyday by 10)
- Laundry bins and carts where left outside my door for most of the day.
- When ordering lunch the servers phone rang and she answered "Room Service" which was kinda cute :)
- When We left We called for a "bellman" to come and take our luggage, When by the time we got downstairs (about 10 mins) later one of our suitcases was sitting outside the elevator (he forgot that one :)
- My husbands sunglasses went missing from the room. He did not take them with him nor did I, I asked the hotel to look into it but didn't get back to us. They were sitting on the counter in the washroom.
- A strange experience, one day when I called for the room to be cleaned the lady came and cleaned it, then 2 hours later (while I was in the washroom) I heard my front door open, when I walked towards the door and said "Hello" they quickly closed it without saying anything. When I went and looked to see who it was it was a man dressed in regular close with a service lady. He said he just thought the room wasn't cleaned. It seemed a bit odd, as everyone that worked there wore a uniform.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the historic Barrio de Santa Cruz, next to the vital center of Seville city, raises the Hotel Palacio de Villapanes, a shining jewel with all its splendour preserving its barroque legacy, at the same time it will transport you to the Mudejar time, inviting you to become a part of history. Built in the XVIII century for Mr. Manuel Lopez Pintado, the first Torreblanca de Aljarafe Marquis, it has been excellently renovated, maintaining its architectonic richness. Turned into a Luxury Hotel, its classical elegant style combine perfectly with a distinguish ambience, where you will be able to let go your five senses, enhanced by the fusion amongst modern design and andalusian culture, to discover and experience the most authentic Seville. Once you cross the entrance , you discover the experience of a Palace life, breathing all the contrasts and getting lost in the privacy and exquisite delight of its magnificent mudejar patio where you will be able to enjoy a welcome drink and let time go by with the best company. Each and every corner of the hotel invites you to relax and romanticism, standing out the magnificent marble and stone arches and columns , also the splendid height of its ceilings, the carpet like parquetry floors or its enormous noble wooden doors, showing the beautiful past power combined with exquisite furniture pieces from international designers. You will get lost in a sea of sensations, with its minimal design, exclusive warm and cozy luxury suites equipped with the latest technology to satisfy the most demanding guests who are looking for the delight of small intimate and personalized spaces created to dream in its balconies which caress the light over the Giralda and la Catedral de Sevilla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Palacio de Villapanes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.