“Great location, great staff and great hotel!”

Hotel Casa 1800 Sevilla
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 23 October 2011

A little difficult to find initially but once you get the feel of the place....A great hotel, lovely room on the ground floor with a massive patio. The real difference was made by the staff and the afternoon tea. The staff were more than helpful in advising where to go for Tapas, Flamenco and eating out generally whereas the afternoon tea, with any drink you can imagine, rolls, cakes and fruit salads was a delight.
Not cheap but really worth the extra...highly recommended !

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WarwickLeamingtonian

Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed in the Casa 1800 for four nights during my visit to Sevilla in September 2011. Prior to my arrival, I exchanged several emails with Irene, who was very helpful in answering my questions. The hotel is located in the best location for seeing all of the sights in Seville. Check-in was easy, and Eva at the desk showed me to a wonderful room, with a large patio. It was my first visit to Sevilla, and Alegria gave me a map and sent me in the right direction. Even though the hotel is in the midst of the historic part of the city, my room was super quiet. In the mornings I opted for the buffet breakfast, while I read the newspapers. Each afternoon, the hotel offers a merienda with free beverages, cocktail sandwiches, and fruit, which I enjoyed on my patio. There was also free wifi, which is a must have for me! Sevilla was wonderful, and my time there just flew by. When I needed a taxi to the train station, Irene went outside to bring the taxi to the front door. Thanks to everyone for making my time there so special. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank topazDC
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Fantastic location in the middle of the city center.
Nice clean rooms with good beds.
Extreme friendly staff with personal attention, always with a smile.
Afternoon refreshments like hot and cold drinks, fruit, small sandwiches for free!
Good breakfast.
Good quality for a good price at a good location.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This hotel is such a gem! We had a great room on the top floor, with a private terrace. Small terrace, but with a jacuzzi and lounge chairs and beautiful views over the roof tops - a wonderful way to spend a few hours in the afternoon/evening sun. Very relaxing! All the staff were extremely helpful and nice - very accomodating too, for instance when we asked for a more quiet room, having spent the first night in the grand deluxe room facing the main street.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper and want to go to bed early, you need to ask for a room at the back, sinc...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LucaAJ
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Our family of 4 (2 daughters around 20) stayed there in June 2011 and were thoroughly smitten with this hotel. The location is fantastic, but the personal attention, tasteful and comfortable decor and personalized touches were what were most impressive. Rooms were beautifully appointed, bathrooms were modern, spacious and comfortable. Front desk staff went out of their way to be welcoming. A continental buffet breakfast was available (reasonable cost) and complimentary afternoon tea (with snacks) was a nice touch. Each time we returned to the hotel from a long day of walking we looked forward to relaxing at Hotel Casa 1800.
The only notable comment for future travelers is that not all rooms have outside windows (ours didn't - - on the other hand there was a large window looking over the large bright atrium so we didn't miss it).
We would definitely return if future travel includes Sevilla.

Room Tip: If an exterior window is important, make sure to ask about one.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My Husband & I recently stayed here and had a wonderful time. The hotel is a calm and cool oasis in the centre of a bustling, vibrant city. The staff are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and speak very good English. They have excellent recommendations for restaurants and tapas bars. The afternoon tea was more than we anticipated and enabled us to wait until late evening before we went out to eat in true Sevilla style. The only down side was having to park the car away from the hotel. We parked in the Ave de Roma car park which is about 8 minutes walk away and costs 15 euros a day. As we were there for 5 days it does mount up.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen E
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We stayed at the Casa 1800 with 6 other couples to celebrate my 50th birthday at the end of September. The reception staff were lovely, very friendly and most helpful despite our pitiful attempts at Spanish. The hotel is in a great location next door to one of the best tapas bars in the Santa Cruz area and just 100m away from the Cathedral.

All of my friends loved the hotel and raved about Seville. I'll definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Go for a Deluxe Room with a spa on the balcony if your budget will allow.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple