“Lovely Staff and Yummy Food”

Catalina Bar De Tapas
Ranked #103 of 2,793 Restaurants in Seville
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Went late and there was no wait. Food was excellent, staff was great and fun, atmosphere was cool. I wanted to make this my official restaurant but my friends made me try others....

2  Thank Artsylena

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Although not seemingly as popular as its neighbour, San Telmo, our meal here was excellent. Considerably above ordinary tapas, great service and good atmosphere. Excellent value and worth a visit.

2  Thank A Y
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We actually arrived early evening, hoping to eat next door in "Veneria San Telmo" but they were not serving until 8pm and recommended that we pop in here. It was empty, and the atmosphere wasn't very inspiring, so we though we would have a quick snack to tide us over until we ate later.
We orderd 2-3 small tapas between us and a beer. It all came promptly and was tasty. I haven't give this top marks, but I think if we would have gone back another time for a full meal when there was a buzz we wouldn't have been disappointed.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

We (group of 4) had plenty of tapas at Catalina before going for a flamenco dance nearby in Ximenez. Apparently, this is place is popular, and attracted both local as well as tourists like us to visit and taste their tapas.

The staff was helpful to assist us and recommend the dishes, and I must say that the food was excellent - one of the better ones I have had during my 3 week stay in Spain. Beef was nicely cooked and chicken nicely grilled, soups were wonderfully made and really made the evening so delightful.

Note: It was pretty windy and chilly that evening, so I would recommend dressing up warmly during late October if you can going there for dinner.

2  Thank ogenkidesu
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Excellent tapas, well presented with attentive service and an extensive wine list at reasonable prices: what's not to like? The restaurant itself is pretty snug, so we ended up outside - heaters made this bearable, if not cosy, even in December. No doubt the whole square would be buzzing in the summer months. Recommended unreservedly.