Gran Melia Colon
US$367
US$350
  • Restaurant
2,656 results
All reviewsred levelclarins toiletriesel burladeroburladero restaurantspanish artistlighting systemconcierge stafflight switchespremium roomtapasbeautiful hotelhot tubroom doorturn down servicefive star hotelhotel restaurantbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in early July. The location is ideal, the pedestrian/ historic center at the door, 10 minutes to Cathedral and the Alcazar and about 10 minutes to walk to the river. We walked everywhere from the location.

The hotel is stylish and modern. The rooms are large including a spacious and stylish bathroom. We had an upper floor room that overlooked the rooftop of the church next door. The king size bed was very comfortable, there was no noise at all to be heard at night. There is a small roof top deck that provides decent views of the city ( its one of the tallest buildings in the historic center). The wifi worked well. In general, we found that hotels in Spain seem to carry the same 4 english news tv channels. Its only a problem if you plan to watch alot of tv in your room.

This hotel, in our view, is the must stay location in Seville.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank torontotwo_13
E_Villanueva, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gran Melia Colon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you on behalf of all the Gran Meliá Colón staff for your feedback. Moreover, it is a pleasure for us to know that you had an incredible experience amongs us and that you loved our rooms and all the hotel, since clients' satisfaction is our ultimate commitment and we would like to thank you again for your comments.
Hoping to acommodate you in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

A 5-star hotel should be excellent in every area. The Gran Melia Colon is excellent in most, but it's wifi and television are absolutely terrible and it lacks a true concierge. Those major defects lower it to an average hotel in my opinion.

The hotel's location isn't bad, but isn't excellent either -- at least for a tourist. I would have much preferred to have been closer to the top sights, which are a 10 to 15 minute walk away, but my sense is that this hotel caters primarily to people here on business. The rooms are very spacious and the room amenities are excellent. I am only here for 3 days, but there is room in the two closets for a couple to easily hang a week's worth of clothes. The bathroom has two sinks, a rain shower/bathtub combination and a separate toilet (which includes a bidet). The public areas are beautiful and the hallways to the rooms literally are works of art, with replicas of portions of famous paintings covering the doors to each room. My room was on a floor devoted to Sevillian painter Murillo. The breakfast buffet, which was included in my room rate, is excellent, lacking only something unique to put it over the top.

However, I can't get over the poor wifi and almost unwatchable television. While I have been able to get sporadic wifi reception on my phone (mainly in the public areas) I have not been able to get the internet in my room on my laptop for any of the three days of my stay. The laptop indicates that I have internet access but any attempt to connect to a site times out. Yesterday, the front desk told me that there was a problem with the internet which would be fixed in about 30 minutes. After it was "fixed" they changed the user name and password. As was true prior to the "fix", it works on my phone in the public areas but not on the laptop in my room. There is not a great deal of nightlife in Sevilla which interests me, so it would be nice to be able to relax and watch television after a long day of seeing the sites. However, the number of television stations is very limited and the reception is awful. Watching the BBC last night, the audio went out numerous times and was poor even when working.

The hotel does not have a concierge, which is remarkable for a 5-star hotel. Instead, the front desk staff doubles as concierge. While they appear knowledgeable, the absence of a true concierge is another minus.

Despite it's many excellent features, I simply can't recommend this hotel because of the negatives. My last stay in Sevilla was at the Hotel Amadeus, and despite the much smaller room and lesser amenities, it would be my clear choice if I were to visit Sevilla again.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Michael B

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your last stay in Seville, as well as for taking time to post your opinion on Tripadvisor.com. We highly appreciate your comments since thanks to them we constinously strive to strengthen the points which need to be improved.
Our principal aim is to give our guests the best service we can in order to make your experience unforgettable and reach your expectations. Therefore, we will be very pleased to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

From start to finish this was a true 5 star experience. But what made the stay special was not the nice sized room, comfortable bed, elegant decor or the fantastic breakfest , it was the service and the staffs genuine willingness to assist is with any request during our stay.

The hotel is situated within walking distance from everything in Sevilla , and the restaurant in the hotel also did not disappoint.

We absolutely loved Sevilla , and we were very happy about the fact we got to experience it based at the gran melia.

Adrian and Steph

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Disdj34
E_Villanueva, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gran Melia Colon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comment regarding your stay at Gran Meliá Colón. It is always a huge pleasure to receive such great positive feedbacks as yours. Let me tell you that we are really proud of the wonderful experience we could offer you during your stay in Seville and of our staff, who met your expectations.
Our appreciation again for sharing your experience among us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here in 2013 for 3 nights. From arrival to departure, this hotel ticked all the 5,star boxes. Excellent service, very comfortable room, top class breakfast. Could not fault. Added bonus was the location. Within walking distance of all the sights, so no need for any public transportation. Highly recommend

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Tomb70000
E_Villanueva, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gran Melia Colon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you in the name of all the Gran Meliá Colón for your feedback. We are really proud to know that you had such a wonderful experience and that our services met your expectations, since clients' satisfaction is our ultimate commitment and we would like to thank you again for your comments.
Hoping to accommodate you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this wonderful hotel for two nights during holy Easter week as part of a week trip to Spain . It's location was wonderful and so was the hotel- from modern decor by Philip stark in lobby- rose shaped chairs and sofas , to hallways decorated with paintings of famous artists , the room's decor was modern , spacious and very comfortable , we were on the first floor as I requested a balcony. Breakfast was very elegant and tasty. We also used the spa facilities including excellent massages even though some what highly priced. I will mention two minor down sides, finding the hotel by car was not easy as there are many one way streets and driving through the narrow streets but once arriving the valet service was great. Secondly the first night we ate diner at the highly recommend restaurant in the hotel but found it very mediocre .

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Darla B
CeliaColon, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gran Melia Colon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback in name of all the Gran Meliá Colón staff. Also, I would like to thank you the kind comments you posted about our hotel and our service. Let us tell you that it is very important for us to know that we made your stay unique. Clients' satisfaction is our ultimate commitment and we would like to thank you again for your comments.
Hoping to accommodate you in the near future.

Kind regards,