Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville
Ranked #8 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Our last stop was Seville and great Alfonso XIII.
We were very excited, not only for arriving to Seville but to experience one of the city's landmarks.
Hotel location is just perfect, strait at the city center, on very beautiful location, surrounded with palm trees, banana trees... The outside look is simply spectacular. We would be very sad if we have booked somewhere else. I am glad we chose this hotel.
The architecture is just perfect. Every detail is carefully chosen, from the doorstep to the roof top. The lobby, beautiful courtyard and San Fernando restaurant where we had pleasure to eat perfect breakfast every day, was just stunning!
We have booked Grand Deluxe room and we were accommodated on 3rd floor with nice pool view.
The room was very specious and perfect in every single way.
Again, I took the opportunity to take a look around the hotel with the hotel staff and, honestly, it doesn't matter which kind of room you choose... every room is beautiful and spotless. Deluxe rooms are smaller in size from the Grand Deluxe and the bathroom is smaller too, so if you prefer space and more comfort, go for the Grand Deluxe room.
Housekeeping is simply perfect, kind and very efficient. Restaurant staff is above professional and made our stay really gorgeous! Special thanks to all restaurant staff for making our mornings very pleasant and relaxing.
Unfortunately, I cannot say all that for the reception staff. They should learn a lot more from their colleagues from hotel's restaurant.
In all my reviews, every time, I write a lot about hotel staff and I have to say that hotels are not only about building experience but people at the first place. I also work in a travel industry, that's why I took this opportunity to write few words about it.
In order to achieve 5*impression, besides perfect architecture and design, the most important is that our first hosts, which reception staff is, create a welcoming feeling, along with the feeling that they take care about every guest at the hotel.
The other thing I would like to mention is lack of free wi fi in rooms. For 21st century standards (doesn't matter which category hotel is) and today's life style, free wi fi is, simply, a must.
All in all, and not to get me wrong with these two last observations, this was really nice experience and we were very happy to have opportunity staying with You!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank zeljkadurovic
Write a ReviewReviews (2,270)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed here on the last leg of our trip around Spain and it was an amazing experience. Service is outstanding and they have the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on. Concierge at the front desk are top notch and can take care of anything you need from securing reservations to simple directions.

Hotel is beautifully decorated throughout and looks like another visitor's attraction in itself. It's in a great location with most sites the city is known for within walking distance.

1  Thank Jacobasc
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We never wanted to leave this hotel. Our room was spectacular with a sitting area and two bathrooms. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathrooms were large and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We had breakfast each morning and it was delicious. We had dinner at the hotel one evening and it was amazing - service was fabulous. The only thing I do not like is having dinner and breakfast in the same room (after 5 days of breakfasts I would have liked a different area for dinner) but that is very common in many hotels. We would definitely stay here if we visit Seville again and recommend it to friends.

1  Thank ManhattanTraveler28
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I left the Hotel Alfonso XIII after a 7-night stay just over a week ago, and I'm still having withdrawal symptoms, pining for this magnificent hotel. It is easily the best hotel experience I've ever had and it absolutely made our time in Seville. We were genuinely sad to leave it, as opposed to just wishing our vacation was lasting a little longer...

The hotel itself is, physically, magnificent. It's obvious from the decor that the Hotel Alfonso doesn't just aim for luxury: it aims to exceed it. Palatial is a better description for the level of comfort at the Alfonso. Everything -- from the fixtures and fittings in our guest room to the tableware during lunch to the chairs in the business centre -- has been carefully chosen, is perfectly maintained and works to create a dream of a hotel experience. It also occupies an ideal location with all the main tourist sites only a few minutes' walk away, the tram passing right outside and lovely little area of coffee shops and tapas bars on its doorstep.

Where the Alfonso really excelled for me -- where it left all other hotels I've stayed in behind -- was the staff and the service they delivered. They were truly exceptional, especially the staff in the American Bar (the Moscow Mule is now my new favourite drink!) and at the breakfast/lunch/dinner restaurant. As smokers were frequently nipped out to the idyllic courtyard at the heart of the hotel, and not once did we do so without a member of staff immediately appearing to inquire if there was anything we needed.

For a five star hotel of this calibre, the prices weren't too eye-watering either. The room service menu was very reasonable, and the breakfast buffet -- a fabulous spread every morning -- was €19 per person, I believe.

Absolutely top notch service, in an amazing environment. I cannot fault this hotel. I just hope I get the opportunity to return to the hotel in the summer months so I can spend warm summer evenings working my way through the cocktail menu (again!) in the courtyard...

Tip: one evening we were lucky to receive a tapas bar recommendation from another guest who was staying at the hotel but was from Seville: the Casa Blanca tapas bar, only about a 2 minute walk from the hotel. We ended up there three times, and we would've gone more often if we'd stayed longer. Just fantastic. Stand at the bar and have the croquettes!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank catherineh1982
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I with some research and received recommendations from friends and decided to book a 5-stay at The Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville. The Alfonso is a beautiful hotel in a great location. Built in 1929, the ballroom, courtyard, lobby,and function rooms were like being in a beautiful museum. The hotel is absolutely magnificent in the style of it's architecture and furnishings. The staff was extremely helpful, courteous and professional. We stayed in a standard room, which was beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast buffet which was included, was extraordinary with savory and delicious food. We had a truly gourmet dining experience. The cocktail lounge with a magnificent bar and cordial staff finished off our evenings in grand style. My wife and I love to cook and we were interested in in taking a cooking class to learn how to make Spanish paella. Upon our request, Sam, the director of the food and beverage department, arranged a a special cooking class at the hotel for us. Also, he arranged to have an intern staff member fron Brazil translate for Chef Carlis. She was terrific in making sure we understood everything the chef was explaining. She made us feel very comfortable despite the language barrier. The chef was very courteous and professional. His seafood paella was absolutely delicious. Cooked perfectly. We very much wanted to obtain a paella pain like the one used in the cooking class. Sam informed us he would do his best to obtain a paella pan. We were amazed and grateful that he went out of his way to obtain a special paella pan for us.. The hotel management must be very proud to have such an outstanding staff. Our stay at the Alfonso Hotel was the best hotel experience we ever had.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Balloon11
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Splendid ambience, great care for details, intelligence of the staff , sheer beauty of the building and rooms. Our warmest compliments to the Hotel Manager, Carlo Suffredini, who is able to run this marvellous structure in a really immaculate way and with the warmth and style which such a place deserves. The Hotel where it is Always a pleasure and a privilege to come back again and again. And in the veryheart of one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Alfonso is one of a handful of the most beautiful buildings in Seville. Attractive on the outside and stunning inside. It really is an essential part of a visit to the lovely city of Seville. The hotel's restaurants and bars are very expensive but just outside the hotel grounds are many reasonably priced tapas bars and restaurants - so if like me your budget is limited get a bargain room rate and step outside for food and drink.

1  Thank LMDBristol