“A Place to Shop”
Review of Calle Sierpes

Calle Sierpes
Ranked #36 of 295 things to do in Seville
More attraction details
Owner description: A pleasant, shady street lined with shops, cafes and restaurants.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I always visit Calle Sierpes when I am in Seville. This time I was looking for a good book store to buy a book about Seville and I found the bookstore on this street. I found a very good book about Seville with many color photographs, so I bought it for 25 euros. The book is called Sevilla 360 Degrees, with many panoramic color photographs.

2  Thank BennyMalaga

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I used to walk this street with my parents when I was a kid, some 50 years ago. At that time it was Seville's High Street with many stores and lot of things to see and buy. Eventhough we visited it during the Semana Santa, a day before the Holy Friday, it is obvious that it has lost its proeminence to other areas of the city. Unfortunatelly, this is a terrible situation that is happening all over southern Europeus, big shopping malls are destroying traditional high street type of commerce. That's a pitty.

1  Thank Pedro P
Reviewed 22 March 2014

A fascinating place to get a glimpse of the real Seville. Ancient meets modern from the traditional cake shop on the top corner to the modern shops on the alley. Wander down the side streets
For further fascinating glimpses of unusual shops. Stop for refreshments plenty of cafés, bars and restaurants.

1  Thank YorkshireProff
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This area we visited every day. Shops are very and we found lots of purchases for products made in Spain. Only A few speak English. It's a quaint area that is very interesting. Lots of amazing pastry shops!! Would highly recommend this area.

3  Thank Victoria H
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Calle Sierpes is the prime shopping street in Seville and it is full of clothing stores, shoe stores, souvenir stores and stores selling traditional items like mantones, hair accessories, jewelry, and other assorted items. There are places to eat or snack. It is always full of people. We always enjoy walking on this street, even if we do not buy anything.

2  Thank BennyMalaga