“Don`t like your "keys trick"”

Hostel One Sevilla Centro
Ranked #19 of 153 Speciality Lodging in Seville
Dublin, Ireland
“Don`t like your "keys trick"”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I planned to give an acceptable opinion about the hostel but what YOU (male member of the staff) did with the keys to me was disgusting:

First off, what on earth did you mean by "i`m argentinian and you are argentinian too, put me a 100% in your review"...sorry but you have to gain the 100%, not only for sharing a nationality i wanna put a 100% in my opinion ( i don`t care if the others opinions are not as good as the ones you need to maintain your job).

Then you told me that i didn`t pay 10 euros for the keys, so you do not have to return me the money ....that`s false cause EVERYONE pays 10 euros for the keys.

Few days later i noticed that i have to pay 20 euros for loosing the key. Great for you: you stole me 30 euros but the hostel gains a bad reputation only for you, hope you`ll be sacked soon.

Apart from my problem, the hostel is clean but bad located, far from the city center and the train station.....think twice to stay there, there are lots of hostels much more well located in Sevilla.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Martin V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Very nice hostel with a great location right in the center of Sevilla and really friendly staff. The hostel is clean and the rooms are nice. Also, there is free wifi and computers that you could use, and coffee and tea for free as well. I have really enjoyed my time in this hostel and will for sure come back!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Fanne1
sevilla
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Amazing hostel, great activities. plenty to do, free tours, much more than i had expected of it. only downside was the size of the room (6 bed female dorm) but other than that it was great. will defnitely come back again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
San Francisco
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I didn't know what to expect when I arrived in Sevilla. Hostel one exceeded my expectations. The staff was incredibly professional, friendly and helpful. The hostel is recently renovated with new furniture, and daily cleaning staff. The common areas are clean and facilitate socializing (or not, it's up to you). When I got sick with food poisoning at the end of my stay, I was able to add another night to recover with no problem.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Hostel One surpassed all my expectations! We arrived at the apartment at 11pm and were buzzed in by the representative (who were waiting having been notified that we were arriving late).

We were warmly greeted, shown around and organized with towels, maps & breakfast. We felt very welcome & it felt really lovely.

You can't ask for a better location. Just a side street from the main hub of the city, near sites, the river, restaurants, bars, shopping (I.e. it is walking distance to everything) & safe. From my room I could also watch everything go by from the balcony. It was great.

To top it off all of the staff were great, especially Ariel. He spent a moment to help us decide the order of sight seeing, saving us time which meant we saw a lot more in Sevilla than otherwise possible. I think this had a lot to do with why I now want to come back.

Definitely stay here if I visit Sevilla again.

Natalia

• Stayed July 2011
Seville, Spain
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We experienced some issues with the hostel. The staff were not terribly professional. We could smell weed. There was confusion when we paid and the staff were not very understanding or explanatory. Although, the rooms were pretty clean and the bathroom was a good size.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ASA291
Marrakech, Morocco
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My sister and I stayed there for 1 week. We had the best time with the other travelers and staff because of the activities they provide. The staff was amazing and so helpful. The rooms were nice too, good heat during the winter! I will be back to this hostel when I return to Spain!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends