We stayed in Altamira apartment 1a and it was terrific (and I believe there are several apartments in the one building, run by the same people). It was bright, spacious, comfortable, stylish and in a terrific location. It is positioned on a small plaza (the balcony doors open up onto it – while the entrance is around the corner from it) which is very sweet and not too noisy. On it are a number of places for drinks, coffee, tapas etc.
We walked through a number of neighbourhoods and thought this one was the best. It is very quaint given it is the historical part of Seville but also close to a number of good restaurants/tapas/bars and walking distance to all attractions.
There were a few problems but the apartment manager and owner worked hard to resolve them as quickly as possible. While the problems were inconvenient we were impressed with their responses.
Tip one: The bar provide the keys to the apartment and they are all very lovely. However I strongly recommend that you contact/rely on the apartment manager to get all the information you need as the bar staff are not responsible nor aware of the apartment details.
Tip two: We recommend the following things that are less than 1 minute walk away:
1. Ristorante San Marco. Restaurant in an ancient arab building, best at dinner but also open for lunch. It was so good, we went twice.
2. Poncio. Tapas, located directly under the apartment. There are several good tapas in the area. This one is ‘a step above’ the rest and good if you feel like something different and is exceptional value. Sweet white chairs and tables out the front, on the plaza. It was so good, we went there twice).
3. Casa de la Guitarra. Flamenco performance. There are three performers (guitar, singer and dancer) and they are exceptional. It was our first introduction to Flamenco and had bought tickets to a larger, (apparently) world class performance the following night but wanted to try something smaller as well. Well, thank goodness we did because this blew us away. Each performer is outstanding in their own right, and when together, create a symbiotic, powerful performance that we could not recommend highly enough. This is not a tourist trap (there are so many of those around, I imagine) but a genuine experience steeped in tradition and delivered with skill and pride. I don’t want to sound like a complete idiot but we both cried during the performance.
I hope this information has been useful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ¡Welcome to ALTAMIRA apartments!Altamira apartments are conveniently located in the exciting Santa Cruz neighborhood, the hearth of the city.As the car traffic through the small alley is limited to taxis and authorized residents, we can guarantee peace to let our guests their rest. For those who are coming by car, there is a public parking just 50 metres away from the apartments.Captivating sevillian style building from 18th century. The house has 3 floors and it was completely refurbished in 2009 in six charmings and confortable apartments, all full equipped and decorated in contemporary style. The building has a comun top terrace. Feel free to enjoy it in sunny days or in our city's warm nights.Enjoy an enviable location in the heart of Seville. Set in the vibrating Santa Cruz neighbourhood, our apartments are a few blocks away from The Cathedral and Giralda Tower. You can walk to most of Seville's tourist attractions. You will find everything you need, from supermarkets to a wide range of fine restaurants, traditional tapa's bar, most famous comercial streets or fashionable pubs... all going for a walk.From airport: 6kmFrom Santa Justa train Station:1,5 km From Bus Station: 600 mts Public parking: 50 mts We hope you could find with us, the perfect place to know Seville. Waiting for meet you soon, ¡Regards! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Apartamentos Altamira Sevilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.