“fantastic hostel”

Oasis Backpackers' Palace Seville
Madrid
“fantastic hostel”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

this hostel shocked me, and showed me that they aren't in the business just for making money. Me and a friend planned to go to Seville for 2 nights for Semana Santa. Unfortunately when we wen to get bus tickets the only ones available were from 1 am to 7 am. I called to cancel with oasis and asked if it was possible to keep one night and cancel the first. They let us do that during a busy week with many other customers and normally a two night limit. Then when we arrived at 8 in the morning they let us keep our bags there, eat the free breakfast, and take the free walking tour until we could check in 4 hours later. This hostel was incredible with helpful staff, a great atmosphere, and a sweet pool on the terrace.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 April 2012

A group of us ended up staying there for two nights and it was an incredible experience. We were greeted with a free sangria and given all the information that we could ask for about the city. The walking free tours were a treat too because I'm sure that without them, we wouldn't have gotten to learn as much about the city on our own. If I go back to Seville, I'll be sure to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Scandiano, Italy
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I'v been here for just one day, but is wonderful! There are computers with free internet in the dining room, ther's a kitchen for people that want to cook, there are a bar and a beautiful terrace with swimming pool. Bedrooms and bathrooms are big and clean and every day the staff organizes free walking tours around Sevilla and something to do in the night.

If you search a quite place, but also fun and cheap, it is the right!

I pay only 14 euros for one night and breackfast, in a room of 14 persons..
Fantastic!

Ps. the hostal is in the centre, near to the estacion of autobus and to cathedral.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

this place was clean, friendly and very helpful.
The walking tour and pub crawl with Phillipo was most excellent, funny and informative and highly recommended - he is a dude.
The hostel is very central, everything is in short walking distance and everything you need is provided, including a small pool on the roof top terrace, which is great for midnight drinking with new friends, and lazy sunny afternoons.
I will be returning here.

Room Tip: look on Hostelworld.com for room availability details.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 March 2012

It's well located: 5 mins walk to plaza, very nice restaurant on the corner, and a small supermarket just next to it. Staff were very friendly and patient. I stayed at a four-bed ensuite room, both the room and bathroom were well-maintained, yet I found the room very noisy at night since it's facing the street. Streets in Seville were those nice pebble-covered ones, yet when cars drove by, they made quite a noise, esp in midnight. I was always waken up, and during my stay in Seville, this was my only regret that I didn't get good rest. The room I stayed I remember was 32 or 33. Remember to ask for a room far from street, it would be good experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank BeyondRachel
Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed 6 March 2012

A good place, cheap and in the centre, clean and friendly. Unfortunately, no discipline in the night. People screaming and running and listening music all the night. Great confusion, it was impossible to sleep and no one of the staff said something.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank zenella
Sevilla, Spain
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I stayed in Oasis Palace for a while while looking for a place to stay here in Sevilla and really enjoyed it! It's a very large place and is very clean! The staff is incredible and are really nice and go above and beyond being helpful! There is a nice terrace, bar, common room, kitchen and eating area. I would definitely recommend Oasis Palace! Location is great too. Emma, Maxi and Camille were especially sweet and helpful!

Room Tip: We had a 5 of us and payed extra to get the 6 person room. Since it was the off season, it was nice...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends