“THEE PLACE TO STAY IN SEVILLE!”

Oasis Backpackers' Palace Seville
Reviewed 29 April 2012

First off, I had no idea that Oasis Hostels even existed until the day before I booked a bed. When I first got there, the front desk staff was super friendly. They were so friendly that I felt like a friend was helping me. I got my key and towel and went to my room. I stayed in a 6/bed-room and the room was huge. The restroom was pretty large too and the shower area was like a hotel shower. Very nice! I then unpacked and went to the rooftop. Holy hell! The rooftop was amazing. You can see the rooftops of houses and the main cathedral (or two). The hostel bar is right by the rooftop so easy access to grab a drink and chill. The rooftop had a pool but I did not use it. Then came along the staff. The staff was top notch friends. They would hangout, go out and chill with you. I mean, just friends from home. Super nice. The bartender (forgot his name) is a bald guy and super cool. He had a killer playlist for the rooftop jam box and he would teach you how to order beer and food in Spanish. Excellent! I did the pub crawl as well and it was just that, pub crawl. Got tapas and drinks with the price we paid and it was so worth it. The wifi was pretty good. I could Skype from my room with no issues what so ever. The rooms and sheets were very clean as the restroom were cleaned daily as well. Anyway, I met so many friendly people there and new friends because of Oasis. they made it possible for me and others to enjoy our stay and have fun in Seville. I recommend YOU to stay at the Palace of Oasis in Seville. CHEERS! ~ Rob, San Francisco CA USA

Room Tip: I would stay in the 6 or 4 beds on the first floor. Easy access to the free breakfast and computers.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank teflonrobg

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Pros: Gorgeous room, great wifi, comfy, excellent price, helpful staff who offered maps/directions etc, lots of in-house entertainment e.g. a flamenco night, good atmosphere,
Breakfast was included- selection of cereals and toast with a few toppings- more than adequate :)

cons: the hostel is much noisier than others I've stayed in- usually I expect noise until 3/4 am when people get tired, but here people party until 8 am easy, and the addition of a large cd player in the common areas doesn't help too much :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2012

this hostel shocked me, and showed me that they aren't in the business just for making money. Me and a friend planned to go to Seville for 2 nights for Semana Santa. Unfortunately when we wen to get bus tickets the only ones available were from 1 am to 7 am. I called to cancel with oasis and asked if it was possible to keep one night and cancel the first. They let us do that during a busy week with many other customers and normally a two night limit. Then when we arrived at 8 in the morning they let us keep our bags there, eat the free breakfast, and take the free walking tour until we could check in 4 hours later. This hostel was incredible with helpful staff, a great atmosphere, and a sweet pool on the terrace.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2012

A group of us ended up staying there for two nights and it was an incredible experience. We were greeted with a free sangria and given all the information that we could ask for about the city. The walking free tours were a treat too because I'm sure that without them, we wouldn't have gotten to learn as much about the city on our own. If I go back to Seville, I'll be sure to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I'v been here for just one day, but is wonderful! There are computers with free internet in the dining room, ther's a kitchen for people that want to cook, there are a bar and a beautiful terrace with swimming pool. Bedrooms and bathrooms are big and clean and every day the staff organizes free walking tours around Sevilla and something to do in the night.

If you search a quite place, but also fun and cheap, it is the right!

I pay only 14 euros for one night and breackfast, in a room of 14 persons..
Fantastic!

Ps. the hostal is in the centre, near to the estacion of autobus and to cathedral.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2012

this place was clean, friendly and very helpful.
The walking tour and pub crawl with Phillipo was most excellent, funny and informative and highly recommended - he is a dude.
The hostel is very central, everything is in short walking distance and everything you need is provided, including a small pool on the roof top terrace, which is great for midnight drinking with new friends, and lazy sunny afternoons.
I will be returning here.

Room Tip: look on Hostelworld.com for room availability details.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2012

It's well located: 5 mins walk to plaza, very nice restaurant on the corner, and a small supermarket just next to it. Staff were very friendly and patient. I stayed at a four-bed ensuite room, both the room and bathroom were well-maintained, yet I found the room very noisy at night since it's facing the street. Streets in Seville were those nice pebble-covered ones, yet when cars drove by, they made quite a noise, esp in midnight. I was always waken up, and during my stay in Seville, this was my only regret that I didn't get good rest. The room I stayed I remember was 32 or 33. Remember to ask for a room far from street, it would be good experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo