See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2014

Another great stay in the Pension Bienvenido. The owners have recently undertaken some redecoration work and replaced the bathrooms. As before, the location, in the heart of old Seville, was perfect for sightseeing and visiting friends. Amazing roof terrace with views over the city, including the Giralda. Unbelievable! I will definitely stay at the Bienvenido whenever I am back in Seville. I cannot fault it!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank waterloomonster
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at the Bienvenido after about 800 km with our bikes (Camino de Santiago).
The room was clean, beds are comfortable, the owner (?) and the staff is very friendly and helpful, we had a good and safe place for our bikes, but...
... our room was on the "wrong" side of the house, I presume.
The "Calle" was very noisy, we had big problems to sleep during this two nights.
Sleeping on the road will have the same effect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was not my first stay at the Bienvenido, but it will not be my last. Central, clean, friendly and very good value, it maintains its high standards year in year out. The rooms are charming and quaint and the staff cannot do enough for you. It is spotlessly clean and a nice and cool place to return to after a sweltering day exploring Seville. The hostal is located very centrally and right next to other hostals, some of which I have also stayed in over the years. I always now come back to the Bienvenido for the reasons outlined in this review. Check out the roof terrace with the fabuloud views of the Giralda (cathedral tower) - some of the single rooms are up there on the roof, but anybody who is staying there can go up and relax. We bought in beer and crisps - it was lovely. I have no problem with recommending the Bienvenido - it is GREAT!!

Room Tip: Singles are either on the first floor or the roof terrance. Ask for a room with an external ventana.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank waterloomonster
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed at the Bienvenido for the umpteenth time again, just for a two-night stay in lovely Seville. Now, if it is high-end luxury you are after, this is not the place for you. But we are happy with central, clean, quiet and cheap. The beds are comfy, the roof terrace is lovely (bring in your own beer and crisps and watch the sun go down over the Giralda) and the rooms are a good size. I have only stayed here on my own once, and I was put in a twin room. I woundn't fancy the single rooms on the roof - possibly a bit airless, but just ask for one of the single rooms on the ground or the first floor. The double/twin rooms at the front of the hotel are fab - you even get a lovely view of Archeros (the alleyway). I will always stay at the Bienvenido whenever I'm in Seville - you are always guaranteed value and quality (for the price). Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank waterloomonster
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Well, I spent in Bienvenido just one night. It was good enough. Though actually when I saw my room I was a bit surprised, because it was on the roof terrace: a small room with window, bed, small bedside table, sink, mirror, picture on the wall and yes, also there was a fan, it was old and made weird sounds when it was turned on. But I liked that terrace. There are some tables and chairs to sit.
Shared bathroom was on another floor. It was clean, but too small. They didn't give you anything, though soap or napkins. But I think a traveller should be ready to such kind of things. Also I didn't find any towels in my room, and I was given one only after I asked about it on reception. Stuff is friendly, but they don't speak English.
The location of this Pensión is really great. So easily you can reach many interesting places, like Plaza España, Cathedral, Jardines Murillo and many others, and also Prado Bus Station and metro station are just near. It's important if you have plans to travel somewhere else after Sevilla.
There is no breakfast or anything in this hostal, but there are so many cafes, tapas bars and restaurants around. They ar open from early morning till night. It's good. But the same time it makes the street very noisy, because so many people stay there till late. Actually I don't care about noise, for me it was ok. Just for some people it really matters if a place is calm or not.
Actually Bienvenido is not that bad, especially if you don't plan to stay there for long time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo